Guys, if he doesn't text me back within 12 hours, maybe 24... should I just assume he's not interested?

Be honest, I dont want to worry about it anymore, just move on.

Note: been on 2 dates, the last of which ended with us making out. my text was my asking him out on another date.

I'd rather he just tell me he's not interested if thats the case -.-

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships need time to grow and people need time to work out your feelings for someone. If you texted him you just have to wait. If he hasn't responded in 7 days, then you can try one more time. Just keep it simple "Hey Bob, hope you had a great week! I wanted to see you again, lets catch up and go do something fun!".

Just be careful. Don't get emotionally invested in someone that's making you do all the work.

What Guys Said 17

• My roommates always asks me how long they should wait before texting a girl they just went on a date with. I say, why not right now. You obviously like her, text her now. But they always say, nah you have to wait like 2 days cuz i dont want to come off desperate. And i just roll my eyes.
    I dont wait if i'm thinking about that person. But what i'm getting at is these guys are into her, but they are waiting a time frame anyway. So your guy may still be interested.

• There are too many possibilities to say that he is not interested. He could be busy, he could not have seen the message, or maybe the message didn't go through.

You could always send him one after awhile saying "Hey I think something happened and my phone didn't send my last message... Anyway... (and so forth)"

However, if he continually ditches your texts and messages and such, I would say he lost interest.

• It really depends on what was said, it also depends on whether he has a job or not, there are a lot of factors. But to be honest, it's most likely that he doesn't have that much interest in you if its been a whole day. If he really liked you he would respond every single time he sent you a message. I hope that everything works out though.

• not at all... unless if this happens frequently

• he could be busy or maybe he is talking to another girl. it can be all kinds of reasons.

• When it takes me a significant time to text back I generally apologize. Maybe he's just busy, but don't get your hopes up!

• yeah that is probably it. Honestly I don't really trying havinga conversation with people unless it is the girl i like. at random times i will just ignore and stop replying.

• and did you ask him if that was the case? or are you trying to read his mind which is only possible if you have psychic powers

• ya. if i like i girl i wouldn't wait a day to text her back. if i did its becuase i didn't really care

• I'd say he' not into it, but he dosen't know how to tell you without hurting you're fealings. I guess.

• Yep, not interested at all. :(

• Maybe he's just busy.

• No reply within 12 hours mean not interested.

• call him.
    make him uncomfortable
    talk
    resolve matters
    good/bad end

• Not at all I would just give it a few days then maybe send him one more as a guy I know if a girl keeps hounding me I back off , if he's interested hell get in touch , don't be to keen

• No, he just may be busy. Maybe after 3days that assume he isn't into you.

• Half a day? Way too soon. Just relax