Does rejecting a kiss mean turning a guy down?

I indirectly say no to a kiss from a guy I'm interested in. I wasn't ready and so I just kept saying "I don't know" when he asked for it. I guess he took that as a complete rejection from me, because it's been days now and he won't even talk to me. I don't know if I should let this be or try to get back at him and say I just wasn't ready for any kisses.
Well, what I really want to know is: saying no to a kiss really make guys think they got rejected? I wanna know!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes rejection is rejection. I'm guessing that as many girls do- you are doing everything you can to not let him know you like him so he tries to kiss you, you turn him down, now he figures you don't like him. You got to show him CLEARLY you like him- then he will understand that you aren't ready for a kiss but really like him and he (if he's not a player) will stick around and wait until your ready.
    It's really quite simple. Girls biggest, most common mistake is not showing they like a guy clearly so that he can see it. The best guys loose intrest real fast if a girl shows no intrest. Doesn't matter how attractive he finds her or how much he likes her. Only the desperate will stick around a girl who shows little intrest.

• *The first 'so' should be a comma.

• Most helpful answer right here. Women need to stop being so passive, and playing games with guy. If you like a guy show it. Don't just stand there like a statue and expect guy to approach. Don't always wait for him to initiate conversation/take you out. Don't always be afraid to make the first move, or SHOW affection by physical contact.

What Guys Said 7

• Well it depends on the guy, really. Yes some guys take it as a rejection, and why does he want the kiss so badly, if he really likes he will wait for you to be ready, isnt' it? Well if wants to be angry with you for being honest, so let him be. Leave him alone. Be prepared he may also never talk to you again. Just saying

• As someone not used to dating it would have this effect on me for sure.
    It takes an extreme confidence boost to ask you the first time and if you would turn it down i feel turned down and i'd get the impression i did things to soon and your not into me. Best thing you can do like everyone said is talk to him and explain why you did. That way he knows it wasn't his fault.

• kiss is a symbol of trust and believe. if he felt rejected then its just what he felt no matter whatever u say. he expected to get one from u so he hoped from u and believed that u like him too and would do it. u need to say... im sorry if u felt rejected or wrong but i didn't felt like giving a kiss at that time. dont be mad and please understand

• I guess it must mean something big like that, especially when he was the one starting it. I like him too but I really wasn't ready because it was going to be my first kiss and I tried to think it through. (I'm old fashioned) Probably have to explain it to him or something

• well thats ur choice and i dont have a say. but if he doesn't listen u can try letters, messages, etc too... but only if u want to try... ur pick :)

• Thanks! I'm thinking of just texting him for now since I don't think it's appropriate to try going over to his house.

• Yep, it can make a guy feel rejected if his ego is fragile, if it was me I'd go well dang, and try again after I flirted with ya more. XD

• I don't know his confident level in himself but I think he shoulda known he's an attractive person though. He always got girls stick around him but he just refused to get associated with them much if he's not interested. Haha I hope he would try again for the second time like you would though!

• Of course if he asks to kiss you and you turn him down he's going to feel you rejected him

• Like entirely reject his feelings? I think that's what he might be feeling.

• some guys will feel ike thst sure, others won't take it as personally and will try to take you out and kiss you one more time before giving up

• If you said him clearly that I m not redy for it and I would like to wit then it is his mistake to level otherwise it is. Rejection.

• Yes pretty much. Takes a lot of courage to do it the first time. Just explain what you feel and want. We are terrible at understanding feelings.

What Girls Said 3

• 1. He feels that you have rejected him and you are not interested in him. I would feel the same.
    2. Explain to him that you really like him you just were not ready for kissing.

by the way are you really 18+.

• Yes, 18 actually. I'm pretty old fashioned so I want to save my first kiss since I'm not used to all the kissing stuff.

• Get him back and tell him you weren't ready. maybe he's pissed of cause you didn't let him get farther

• I think he might be pretty pissed since the other two girls he dated before let him kiss them. They are all in the circle of people I know so I kinda heard about the stories about these things.

• Thanks! I'm happy when I'm with him but who knows? Well I mean things can change too.

• Go or stay? It's your descion.

• I applaud you for having morals and standards and sticking to them. Now, even though you really liked him, if he can't wait for you then he is not really the guy for you. But does he know you are interested? Have you two flirted or talked about liking each other openly? If not he may feel rejected. If he likes you, and you like him, you should definitely try to reach out and let him know how you feel.

• Thanks, I've been trying to save myself until I really feel ready. I don't think we've ever flirted openly or talked about this topic before, only some teasing which could be taken in any ways. I guess I should take a step into this.