How racist are people when it comes to dating?

I'm trying out online dating on a few sites (e. g. OKC, POF). For the ethnicity section, I initially left it as "other" or didn't specify it. I had a 25% response rate from girls, and a few girls would initiate as well. These past 2 weeks, I decided I'd specify my ethnicity as "Indian". Guess what? ZERO responses! ZERO girls initiated. Girls would view my profile but wouldn't reply.
Note: I didn't change my photos, my profile description or anything else except for the ethnicity component.
What does this say?

Most Helpful Guy

• studies show that white people recieve 3-4x the messages as ethnics. look it up

What Girls Said 2

• That's only online... why are you doing online dating because it's a waste of time in general.

• Stereotypes.

What Guys Said 3

• Stick to your own race and you'll get plenty of girls. It is only natural.

• What an idiotic response. When I say girls, I include girls "of my own race" too.

• Interesting question :p

• I guess you leaned that fact of life yourself... so what's the point of this question lol!!!