Girls, what are some cute gestures on a first date? Some things to avoid?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I like when they act kindly. Pull my chair etc
    And just be positive.
    To avoid. Do not tell your personal things at first meeting.

What Girls Said 11

• It depends on what you two are doing but lets say you're walking around and its a little windy, you can brush her hair out of her face, thats always nice. You can compliment her on the little things; how you like her shoes or how pretty her smile is. Just do subtle, genuine things you think she would appreciate.
    Something to avoid would be being too in her face, just let everything flow and give her personal space. (:

• I was very impressed when my boyfriend opened the car door for me as a lot of men don't. It shows you're more of a gentleman and we woman like that. Avoid eating garlic or anything that would stink your breath (or have mints with you for after dinner). Don't expect sex on the first date and dress appropriately. No ripped clothes or anything sloppy. When she talks, listen to her and ask her questions about herself to show you are interested in the things she says. U can also kindly suggest you'll pay for the bill and she can take it the next time. Avoid talking about other girls/past relationships and at the end of the night if you really like her, compliment her and give her a kiss either on the cheek or the lips but I wouldn't recommend tongue on a first date. It might come off too desperate. When you get home and the date is over, text her that you had a great time. When my boyfriend did that it really put a smile on my face knowing he enjoyed spending time with me as well.

• Lol ok cool cuz that's all stuff I want to do, Ithank waiting a couple days after to text back is dumb if you genuinely like someone.

• Great gestures are to be gentlemen like, what mean is to open the door for her, pull out her chair, if you pick her up don't honk the horn, and walk up her to her door when dropping her off. Things to avoid is to not try to get too personal, don't show way too much interest but just enough, don't just talk about yourself, don't be rude and let her say what she wants to say. Make sure that you just treat her the way you would want her to treat you. Some flitting is good too.

• All the to dos are things I intend to do :) lol I've only been on one other date to be honest, but I did all those, with the exception of the door thing but there was a good reason for that we agreed to.
      So what kind of things would be showing too much interest? Lol to be honest that's one I'm kinda scared of, cuz I don't wanna like fake disinterest or something like that, but I've heard you're not supposed to show too much before.

• Ah okay, so just talk to her like normal then :) lol I can do that.

• Yes but make sure you make her feel special.

• Flowers or wine. Don't expect a kiss or do the lunge

• I actually bought her a book she said she's always wanted to read, buuuut I don't know would it be a suitable replacement for flowers?
      Ummm what's the lunge?

• Oh well that's fine actually as its personal an you show you remembered what she likes that's a winner. Like go in for a kiss

• Being nice, opening doors, pulling out chairs, holding her hand, and being yourself.
    Things to avoid
    - Not listening to her
    - Being rude
    - Pulling out your phone while she's talking
    - Leave her to pay the bill

Same for females

• All easy enough :) these are all things I would do, or not do lol... Luckily, I don't have an ex to whine about

• Try as hard as you can not to be nervous haha we can pick up on that, and I unno keep things light and silly. Joke around do FUN stuff. She agreed to go on a date with ya, so she likely already thinks you're a catch. :) gudluk

• Lol yeah you're probably right, I just haven't dine this in 4 years, soooo I am a little nervous, but I'm trying to calm down.

• :) you got this!

• Do not flip your hair. Whatever you do... don't flip your hair 💁🏼

• You just killed 90 percent of my game! :/ lol jk

• Haha. But I think if you're sitting and facing eachother, and you have your hands folded on the table as she's talking that could be not only polite but sort of cute. Of course don't bring out your phone. And I suggest that if you fidget with your fingers when you get nervous, to simply put your hands in your pocket. Try to minimize your distractions.

• Also, if something is making you insecure about yourself. Try not to mess with it because it'll bring her attention to it.

• Appropriate clothes, appearance, free of odors
    Clean car
    Range of topics interesting to both to spark conversation
    Choice of venues is mine
    Dancing is an option
    Etiquette... !!!

• The main thing that would attract me would be whether he's being natural, being himself, and paying attention to me. I wouldn't want him to be focused on himself, or on what gestures he was going to make next.

• Just be very chivalrous, compliment her, maybe bring her some flowers, ask her questions about herself but make sure you talk at least a little bit about yourself. Try to be funny but don't tell any jokes that could be taken as racist or sexist on a first date. You need to know her more to say that stuff

• Lol we know eachother pretty well at this point but I'm way too art school to tell any sexist jokes regardless :P
      I bought her a book of her favorite movie, she said she's always wanted to read it, I know it's not traditional but would it be a good replacement for flowers? And would wrapping it be too much?

• No not at all that would be super cute

• Put your hand on her lower back. I like thst