Girls, Kissing, does a guy ask permission or go for it?

I've heard mixed thoughtss, was hoping for a more elaborate breakdown or something lol. I'm 23 and have not kissed a girl yet.

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Asking her would be really sweet, and in my humble opinion, a good idea. My first and only kiss the guy just went for it and then he himself said he regretted it cuz it turned out he didn't like me as much as he thought. you can imagine how hot that made me feel. not that that is your case but still, it's a safer gamble for sure.

Asking permission you cannot go wrong. You will know for sure if she wants you to do it. it shows you care for her feelings and are not acting on any selfish impulses. giving someone a heads up is a polite way of saying " I consider you my equal and am attracted to you, but respect your decision if you are not ready." She will see that you are not overly confident or trying to take advantage of her, and you don't want to wait for her to have to ask you to do it right? personally i always prefer it if a guy gives me the option to hug, hold hands, etc instead of just deciding for me all the time. Once you two have an actual relationship you're probably safe to just kiss her without asking.

hope that helps you some

• Well, I do have a lot of respect for her, and I really want her to know I don't want to push her into anything, and I'm certainly not just trying to kiss her because I've never kissed someone before, it's more I realize she may want to, and I don't know how to respond exactly. Lol I'm really not confident in this, and I mean honestly, even though the majority are saying just do it... I think that's not us, for the reasons you're saying. Beyond anything, I do want her to know I respect her.
      I mean maybe the random kiss works for some guys, but I'm a dork and she knows it lol...

• Thanks for the talk :)

• Awe of course ☺️☺️☺️

What Girls Said 17

• Asking is totally fine for first kisses. Most guys in my experience will ask (it can be hard finding the perfect moment to just go for it in a non-awkward way), and I don't mind at all -- it can be sweet, and gives the girl a choice without catching her off guard. I'd save the romantic, spontaneous kisses for after that first kiss. Just say something like, "Is it alright if I kiss you?"

• Just go for it, be spontaneous, that's the best way to be. Asking may ruin the mood and make the girl nervous.

• It depends upon your relationship with that girl. If you are getting closer and you can feel some sort of mutual connection, then lean in and if she reciprocates, then go for it. Obviously if she pulls back, then leave it. Kissing means something, so don't just do it for the experience, do it because you actually want to kiss that girl because you genuinely like her and she knows it.

Don't just randomly kiss a girl because she might think you are desperate or weird. Make sure you have some sort of connection first, even if it's alcohol-fuelled, to ensure you don't get a slap, nasty words, or friend-zoned.

• Unless I am in a relationship, I do not want anyone to give me a surprise kiss.

• A guy has never asked me, its all in the moment. If im spending time with someone and its going well (im sure you can tell if she's interested or not) ill definitely want hin to just lean in for a kiss. Or i will, either way, asking permission is a bit out dated, if everything is going smoothly and you're both on the same level (meaning you are both interested in each other more than friends) then i say go for it.

• Maybe for the first date you should ask or if you just meet the girl you should ask. If y'all have been on a couple dates then go ahead and kiss her.

• I'm thinking that might be a good rule of thumb since I'm terrible at reading signs, I'm not really worried about kissing her if she doesn't want to kiss me, cuz I can read a no well. It's her wanting me to and me missing it lol... Since I am really bad at picking up on those hints

• There are plenty of youtube videos that can help you.

• Try getting close to her face then let her move in a little then you move in and kiss her. If she just backs up then she probably doesn't want you to kiss her.

• Don't ask. Just get close to her face, if she doesn't move away, you know she's up for a kiss.

• go for it... dont ask.. it takes the fun out.. and makes the kiss boring..

• Yeah bruh you need to ask. It's not romantic if you surprise attack her. It's not cute to invade her privacy. If she's not leaning into you and initiating, "stealing" a kiss isn't the way to go. If asking permission "kills the mood" then that's beyond ridiculous.

• I like this answer... Last thing I wabtbto do is make her uncomfortable. I rather hamper the surprise and just ask them risk offending her...

• After you get comfortable with eachother a surprise kiss is probably cute and less sexual assault :P

• Just got for it

• Damnnnn. You wait until the moment is right, which is usually very obvious, and lean in. You don't "ask for permission" but you also don't just randomly grab her.

• He goes for it when he knows the girl and what her speed is and that she like him too. So wait for the right finding or right mood and you can give a nice kiss.

• When the moments right, go for it. The girl will let you know how she feels about it when you try.

• Go for it, man.

• You don't need no stinking permission IF
    you are reading my clues & "tells" clearly enough to KNOW
    that I'm running out of patience waiting for it

Premature going for it or
    waiting for a siren/red flashing lights
    are signs that we are not on the same page,
    let's go shopping for someone else more our style

• Never ask! Ruins the moment

• Neither. You move closer and closer and watch her reaction carefully. If she backs away, don't go any closer. If she shuts her eyes, or sighs, move in and softly kiss her.

• Lol well that's what I meant, a lot of peeps misinterpreted go for it as in go for it when it seems right as, should I assault the person :/
      But yeah that being said I'm pretty awful at telling these things, apparently she was flirting with me all night and I wax oblivious, the first night we met.