Girls, How do I meet a girl now that I'm paralyzed? At 43 and a Quadriplegic it's not easy to meet singles my age. Is it not as hard as I think?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Most women, myself included, are very compassionate and get geniune joy out of showing kindness to others. you may not be the ideal man for someone very young and active, but I'm sure there are women who would be willing to date you. I would suggest joining a dating website and hanging out at coffee shops (or other places where "mature" type women would be, no clubs or bars)

• Dating websites have not worked, So far. I'm not that bad looking, at least I don't think. ;-) Maybe the wheelchair causes Women to not respond Or look elsewhere?

• Is your wheelchair in your online dating profile picture? If so I would make the profile picture just a picture of your face, then put the fact that you're paralyzed in your "bio" if you want to. I don't know why but I feel like it would be easier to read it and see it in real life than to see it in a picture. You have to make sure you're being kind and respectful as well, and make sure you're on a "good" one like eharmony. If that still isn't working out I would definitely try approaching women with a gentle "excuse" question like "oh what dish is that it looks really great" at coffee shops and casual (not fast food) restaurants. Even if some look past you for the chair, in the end you only need one woman, so I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine :) good luck!

What Girls Said 6

• What type of woman are you looking for. Trust it is not that hard just go out there. You need confidence in yourself and you will find the one to love. I know a male who was paralyzed and married a very beautiful woman who was not. They made 3 babies together.

• I'm looking for someone who very content with what they have and where they are. Most online dating websites I find the Women are wanting to travel around the world in live a lifestyle that I would not be able to provide. For the most part I'm an extrovert, and I'm not short of words, humor, and conversation. When I do see someone that interest me I find it hard to find the right words to say to get a conversation started. It's the initial nervous feelings, I get, in finding the right words to bring a smile to her face. Any suggestions?

• Try online dating with people who are also like you, it may be surprising.

• I Have tried. The difficult thing is that it is hard due to the transportation issue. Have a vehicle, however I do not drive due to the medications. Do not want to injure someone. Would have to talk her into picking me up.

• First act would be join a Paralyzed group to serve... get to know others in this same boat, the ones that made it happen and what kind of gals they won over, where/how to find them

• Come up and talk to us

• Okay, let's talk! :-)

• Find groups that include areas of your interest. Make sure to socialize and network because it will expand your search area for dating.

• Meet someone who is paralyzed like you