Why do so many people believe in the "friend zone"?

It's a made up concept and I think it's bull. Why are so many buying into it?

Most Helpful Guy

• No one is saying it's not common when one person has romantic feelings for the other, when the other only sees the first as a friend. But the friendzone concept is based on a feeling of entitlement that the "rejected" person has.

Like, they think "if I like her/him and I'm a good person and treat her/him well and support her/him, then this person should hace the decency to love me/have sex with me, instead of going for the bad boys/bad girls" This is the supreme BS. You should not expect any "rewards" from being a decent person or a good friend, and, if you do, then you're not as decent as you think you are. No one in this world OWES you love or sex.

A lot of people have a hard time accepting this and that's why they come up with this friendzone concept to express their own frustrations and bitterness. Instead, just grow up, stop thinking Cinderella is real and accept you can't always have what you want.

What Guys Said 9

• I think it is very real. If you romantically like someone, but they like you only as a friend, that is the FZ.

• It's a way to deal with rejection so it makes sense people would believe in it so much. It offers respite from those unwanted feelings of rejection. Personally I hate it and think it's stupid because after "escaping the friendzone" the relationship won't go anywhere.

• Um, are you saying that there has never been a guy that likes you, but you only liked him as a friend?

• It's true to an extent. However, it's also a crutch to make excuses for one's own failings.

• If it wasn't called the friend zone what would it be called? I think it's perfectly named. If they're friends, then they're in the friend zone. Makes sense to me.

• Are there any people who liked you that you only liked as friends or viceversa?

• Lol because no worries, you get a good sleep, no late phone calls, no break ups, no heart breaking

• Coz friendzone exists :/ cmon dont tell me you never been friendzoned -_-

• bull... ? in what sense?

• well, it's simple: if she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you, why make up a word for it? It was all pretty clear from the beginning

• you might grow in her though. epsecially your appearence. that happens with women. plus there is a difference between i despise your whole package and i want you to become my friend. if you want me as your friend you see some redeeming dateable qualities in me that you would like in your so as well... .

What Girls Said 2

• I have friend zoned people, so yeah I believe it. I have also been friend zoned, so there was that.

• I believe in the friend zone, although I do think it's overrated. I had a crush on my best friend when we met but he friend zoned me saying he doesn't want to risk our friendship which I can appreciate. It's overrated but it's a real thing.