Help? Telling my bestfriend I like her?

Ok so I'm about to tell my best friend how I feel, I meeting her tomorrow. She knows we're meeting to talk and she knows the subject because she asked I was going to tell her I love her and I said almost and she was like wtf I was joking, this is so weird.
basically I do really love her but I don't want to tell her that as to weird her out. How do I say I like her without being too forward or seeming like I do love her. I want to say I'm unsure how I feel and that I change my mind how I feel about her (which I do) any advice on how to come across?

Most Helpful Guy

• "and I said almost and she was like wtf I was joking, this is so weird."<--- I'm afraid she finds it weird anywy then... guess better u shouldn't :|

• Yeah but I still feel like I should tell her to get it or my chest

• then do it, but i'm afraid u won't get any positive answer bro...

What Girls Said 1

• You have to be honest.

What Guys Said 1

• are u in the friendzone? or legitimate friends? if you are legitimate friends i would just be upfront and say i really like you and want to take it further than just a crush