Cousin gave me a Father's Day gift?

I am a 21 year old guy and my cousin is also 21 years old. About 2 months after turning 16, she gave birth to beautiful twin girls. Her boyfriend broke up with her saying "I just wanted to sleep with you since you're hot, the kids are your problem." I helped her out with her girls as much as I could. I would watch them so she could either sleep or spend time with friends. I've ended up being a father figure to the girls.

I hate her ex-boyfriend, he should have manned up instead of bragging that he slept with her. Anyway, my cousin called me today and said she needed help. When I got there, she made me a homemade Father's Day card and bought me tickets to see my favorite baseball team play, telling me I've been better than any guy could have been. I thought it was unnecessary for her to go through this trouble. Is it weird my cousin got me Father's Day gifts for helping her out with her kids?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, that's awesome. No, it's not weird, and I think that story is incredible with a frustrating start, but a heartwarming end to it. Fathers Day has so much more meaning to it these days. Uncles and grandfathers receive just as much attention, not to mention stepdads. You, as the uncle and what sounds like a wonderful father-figure deserve the recognition, and today was the day to do it. Enjoy!

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's not weird. I think she just wanted you to know that she appreciated everything you did for her :)

• No, you are a fatherly figure to her kids and she appreciates it.

What Guys Said 3

• no since u r a dad-figure 2 them... actually u r more respected than her X boyfriend... so definetely not weird :)

• it could be a trap to get you to do more for her kids. like she may try to guilt trip in you in the future for it but i dont know your cousin. the guy who knocked is responsible for child support/ money whether he likes it or not. make him pay and continue helping our yoru cousin but make sure she knows that your not the father. your more like an uncle

• Not, it's not weird. It's very sweet.