My boyfriend wanted me to do a?

Fast for ramadan, even though I'm not Muslim, plus I don't want to sound horrible but I don't want too and I find it wrong for him even asking me... We have been together for 7 months. Why did he ask me... Is it so if we are together in the future I might have to do that?

• He shouldn't have asked
  • There's no harm in asking
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• He shouldn't have asked, anyone who tries to get you to do there religious stuff should be a big no.

What's next he doesn't want you to drink? Or eat pork?

What Guys Said 6

• Yes if you are still together it will be expected. And if y'all get married if I not mistaken you will be required to convert to his beliefs all together. Look it up to be sure

• Why are you with him? They don't respect other religions

• Infidel, how dare you deny your lord's demands?

On a serious note, what did you expect?
    1.) You're a woman. In islam you're expected to obey and your opinion is of a second-rate importance.
    2.) On top of that you're an infidel. That makes your opinion of a third-rate importance.

If you plan to have "a future" (lol) with him, you better get used to that you'll be commanded around some form of a slave.

• Well if you think it's too dirty to type out the word anal then I don't give it much chance to begin with.

But there's no harm in asking, in my opinion. Also may I ask why you fast, then?

• You find it wrong for him to ask you go join in in a religious tradition with him? You do realize he wouldn't ask if he didn't care a lot about you, right? If I was you I'd be incredibly honored.

• Honestly seven months of not asking something like that is pretty incredible.

Say what you want about Islam, that's some pretty good sexual fortitude. I can't imagine most westerners waiting that long before they ask something sexual of their partner.

What Girls Said 3

• There's no harm in asking so I think that it's fine that he did ask, but if you talk to him and clearly say that you don't want to fast and he attempts to pressure you into it, then he's wrong.

• Mine is muslim too and i would be surprised and a bit off-put if he did ask me that. He always tells me: i think religion is personal. So... Just talk with ur boyfriend and explain him u dont want to do it and why. by the way there is nothing wrong with fasting, but if u dont want to do it, then u are not obliged to.

• I definitely think that the topic of religion may need a discussion between the two of you, even if it is to get the two of you on the same page. He may want you to be more religious than you are, or this could just be a cultural thing, you don't know. However, this is an important thing to know for your relationship and your future. I would definitely ask him and talk about it.