Guys, should I wait to date til I'm happy with my weight and can get the sort of guy I'm attracted to?

I'll be up front and honest and say I'm over weight. I at one point in my life was fit but things happened and I got heavy. I've been going to the gym more often and losing weight but I'm still not where I want to be. I've always been attracted to the fit athletic guy but now I feel I don't have a shot til I'm back to my athletic build. Should I wait to try and date til I'm happy with my body?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on how realistic your ideal weight is. If it's within a good range of where you are now then wait till you get there. If it's unrealistic try to reach a middle ground before you start again...

What Guys Said 6

• I LOVE chubby girls. I would date you... I can't be the only one like that. I answered to another question today where a lady was saying that now that she had reached her ideal weight, she was insecure about her breasts. This might never end. So why worry about it?

• You can do both. Even when you are in a relationship you can still work out.

And if you have a boyfriend he can comfort you on how you look.

• YES, YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER manage to find a guy like that with your body. THAT IS INCREDIBLY HYPOCRITICAL

• No honey you will find a man who will stand by your side to encourage you and be there by your side unconditionally no matter what. He will encourage but not push you beyond your comfort boundary.

• Girl your 25.. I mean just be confident with your body but don't lower your standards because your overweight. But like I said your 25 people give excuses saying you go down hill from that age. Just work our eat right.. not that hard.

• nope. Do you think only a guy that dates you at your optimum is the best match? Or do you want a guy that dates you for who you are inside.
    Not to mention... certain dating activities burn calories.