Is he playing mind games? Please read! I am desperate to know what's up! :( LONG PASSAGE?

Okay. I am having a hard time understanding a developing relationship I am having with a gentlemen who I have been talking to/seeing for 7 months. I met him when I was 17 at a paint party. I am now 18 turning 19 in 4 months, and he is 27. When I first met him I thought he was very nice. I didn't have any intentions on liking him but I did after exchanging numbers and texting him. When I first met him at the party, he was touchy feely and told me I was very "cute". He would hold my hand and stroke my leg with his fingers as we chatted. Since then I have spoken with him almost everyday and developed an intense liking to him. He told me a few things about him like he was previously married and some other stuff. But I looked past it. He is constantly reminding me that we are "just friends" even after we had sexual relations. His excuse is the whole divorce thing which is understanding. But that was 2 or 3 years ago. I am just confused as to why he says we're just friends when we don't talk or hang out as friends. Also he takes FOREVER to text back even though I know he sees my text. I'm just really starting to feel like he is playing mind games with me. I tried talking to him about it and he says all he has to offer is a friendship right now and doesn't want to lead me on. And to be honest I don't think he plans on taking this any further. Why does he only want to be friends but acts the opposite? Is this normal? Please! Help! :(

I have asked him if I was a "play thing" and he said no. He said he does care about me.

Most Helpful Girl

• At least he's being honest with that he doesn't want a relationship, but he doesn't want to be friends, he wants you as bootycall. If you're not into that, you should not see him anymore. It's unfortunate you fell for him. I don't know any details, but he might has mislead you into this sex relationship. Get away from him and start again. Maybe better with someone your own age.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't seem like he acts the opposite. It honestly seems like you are just a hook up and he doesn't plan on changing that.

• yeah he is.