I've Never Had A Girlfriend in My Life! What To Do?

So I'm 17 and I never had a girlfriend in my entire life. I'm am definetly straight, I just don't know how to flirt or make a girl laugh on the first approach. There some girls that I'm friends with, but none of them that I'm interested in dating. There's been times when a couple of attractive girls did actually try to talk to me but I just didn't know how to act and respond in a flirty way back. Can anyone give me some good advice or tips about what to talk about or how to act on the first approach? What are some of the best things I can do/say and what are some of the worst things I can do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first of all, there's nothing wrong with never having a girlfriend. At 17, you're still young. Heck, one of my best guy friends who is straight, pretty attractive, works out, etc. has never had a girlfriend, and a lot of it has to do with him not prioritizing relationships or looking for a relationship just for the sake of having one. But as you articulated, your female friends you're not interested in dating.

As for tips, well, you can't work with what you do not have. If you're sweet, be sweet. If you're funny, be funny. The idea is to be honest and open to communicating, and not afraid to put yourself out there. Look for common interests, like "tell me you saw the season finale of GoT last night..." or something else that your into. If they bite, yay! If not, look for something else. Or maybe they're not someone you'd want to date anyways?

If you're feeling particularly daring, you could tell a girl with a genuine grin that you like how she looks that day and you'll definitely put yourself on her radar.

Worst thing you can do is do the "nice guy" thing where you pretend to be her friend, are only interested in her in a sexual/romantic sense, and then if she rejects you, you lash out and do not want to be her friend anymore. Be honest with where you're coming from, or you'll hurt her, her opinion of you, and yourself.

• Thank you for your awesome reply! I love GoT BTW! The Ending was so sad.

• Agreed!

Well approaching someone in a group can be rather nervewracking, and she may be less inclined to initiate if she's trying to spend time with her girlfriends or feels put on the spot in front of them, but at the very least waving or greeting her while on your way to do something would be perfectly fine. At 16, I would say to ask her about her interests, comment on her attire, something related to her as a person to learn more about herself.

• Thank you so much! You've been very helpful!😊

What Girls Said 7

• Just be polite and kind. The thing is many guys put so many pressure on themselves as if they have to act differently to impress the girl.
    Just be yourself
    , be friendly and try to have fun.
    Initiate the converstaion. Start with simple things. Like how she is, how is life etc. It will come

• Hmmmm... you obviously haven't spent much time on this site. There are many people in the world who have never had a significant other who are twice your age...
    I'd clam down if I were you.

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_madftbSBf11qd4mad.gif

Tips:
    Be casual
    be interesting - unfortunately either you are or aren't
    be funny - unfortunately either you are or aren't
    be relaxed
    be yourself

• I know this sounds generic, but that's because it's true, but be yourself. Everyone flirts differently. Just start up a conversation. Find common ground to talk about maybe a class at school, or a mean teacher. Just something that isn't the weather. :) compliments are always appreciated. If you don't want to outwardly call her beautiful compliment her earrings, her makeup, her shoes, etc. Her penmanship maybe if you're in class.

• I'm 20 and have never had a boyfriend in my life... you'll live.

• Your not the only one. It took me forever to get a boyfriend too

• Never in your life omg an your 50? What the hell oh you mean 17 haha you got time dude ctfo 😂

• Act confident, being confident is a huge turn on for girls. Try being a bit witty and cheeky when you're flirting. Otherwise be yourself :)

What Guys Said 3

• you're still in the early learning stages of your life, take a few breathes, go make some mistakes, learn from them, get that experience, get better.

• You'll be alright

• me neither , i've never been in a Relationship (: