Does a guys career matter when it comes to dating?

Does it matter what his career is in order for you to date him? And would you break up with him if you made more than him?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you express no uncertainties or insecurities, and only express content and confidence about what you do for a living, they'll like it. Sure some careers sound more attractive than others on paper. But if it's something you like doing she'll admire it.

• Honestly if careers and money mattered that much, how come there are so many rich guys who are struggling to find a decent relationship and so many below average income guys who are happily married?

What Girls Said 3

• I don't care if I make more. I do care that we have like values. I tend not to do well with men in careers that are based solely on the agenda of making large revenues for the company and bonus. This is because out social values and morals tend not to be aligned. I'd date a teacher who makes far less than me but I don't want to date someone working min wage with no ambition.

• As long as he doesn't smell like his job :)

• It doesn't matter, but it does help because it can mean that we have common interests.

What Guys Said 3

• For most girls, it matters a lot.

• sadly it's the cold harsh truth

• Many girls will say it doesn't matter, but it does.

• I agree with you.

• Those are the type you don't want to be with in the first place. Say you were making a lot of money and made a bad investment or got laid off. They would cut and run.