Girls, is it okay for a guy to ask you out when your at the gym?

Your working out in your spandex, your ponytail is swaying back and forth, you have a little perspiration, as your finishing up a rep, and your favorite jam is blaring in your ear... a guy walks up to you, obviously you guys have smiled at each other for a few weeks in passing and nothing more, and now he works up the nerve to introduce himself because he wants a date... is this okay

many believe the gym is a horrible place to pick up a date, and if it depends on the girl, HOW WOULD YOU KNOW SHE IS OPEN TO IT? ladies what is your opinion... Id like to know.

• The Gym is no place for picking up on women
    11% (4)
  • The Gym is the perfect place to pick up on women
    9% (3)
  • It really depends on the girl
    80% (28)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

7

Most Helpful Girl

• The odds are not good for reasons ala Hyperorphic
    same at swimming, men suspect of drooling over body only, hence sex dates come to mind.
    The slim chance that a gal is a true athlete not concerned her body is also sexual in this setting is rare... but these types would most likely approach you first = the clue that maybe after a few chats, they might be comfortable enough to consider a date outside of gym

• I have a theory in my mind that finding someone who is involved as you are in the gym, and cares about fitness as much the other might, present a chance for man to go for a woman of that caliber, now there I a wide notion that men are not gentlemen and dont take the initiative to approach a woman for fear of rejection and timing... conversely when I workout I hate being distriburbed... uhm complicated

• She is in her residency as a Nurse, and I am I am working on our alone time, we still have to travel, and meet her folks in California then move in after a year, then about six months hopefully pop the question, and a year from there, wedding 💒 by that time, we would be set.

• Kudos and all the best hereafter

What Girls Said 6

• I don't prefer it. Most guys who approach you at the gym are doing it for superficial reasons, aka the spandex and the fact that they're looking at your body purely. Also, If I'm at the gym, I'm there to work out, not mingle.

• Depends on the woman. I wouldn't mind it. I've told many guys that a club isn't the ideal place to go looking for a relationship with women but there are women who do go to clubs not necessarily seeking one but wouldn't mind meeting someone there.

• Yes and many guys in my circle find that the girl in the gym is what they want... good info thanxs

• I would prefer a man asking me out from that situation. When I'm at the gym I'm wearing no makeup, I'll be sweaty and oily and generally not looking my best. If he thinks I'm desirable in that state, then I'll feel more comfortable. I'd love that actually.

• That's kind of bad if the gym has turned into some pick up avenue. It's not a bar!

• There is a problem with men specializing women in the gym and it often makes women really uncomfortable and then completely changes their focus from getting a proper work out and being comfortable to not doing something that will get attention of men who believe it's for them. I know personally a smile here and there isn't flirting especially at a gym. If you are genuinely interested start a conversation first. You don't know her and you don't want to make her feel targeted. Have a talk and from there you can get the vibe or even information if she is actually interested or was just being polite with you. Again I stress the importance of not making it seem like an invasion of space and actually speaking now to her. It isn't a bar or somewhere where those intentions are exclusive and connected. Chances are she's only trying to work out; ponytail sweat and spandex included for that workout and not to be hit on.

• This just really depends. If the girl is completely into you-and makes it 100% obvious, like she goes up to you and talks to you-if you think the eye contact is super obvious and she keeps looking a lot and smiling flirtatious like then yeah, you can prob ask her out but if she's working out I'd say definitely no. I want to do my workout in peace, not be bothered.

• It appears most girls do, and I will pass this information along to my circle