Guys even if you're successfu, are independent girls still imtidating to date?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls aren't intimidating because they are successful. This is the female equivalent of the "women don't want to date nice guys" excuse. The problem is that successful women want a guy they see as at least close to their equal. Lets face facts, a woman that is a doctor isn't going to want to date a guy that delivers pizza for a living. He just knows that a pizza delivery guy doesn't stand a chance. It is pointless, so he doesn't waste his time pursuing her. This isn't the same as being intimidating to men. The thing is it is these types of men are the only ones that would prefer to date a successful woman as he could use her money.

The successful man already has his own money, so her success isn't important to him at all. These guys don't care about her accomplishments or money, but instead are only interested in the woman herself, such as her looks and how she makes him feel when she is around him. Poor unsuccessful women learn how to better develop these types of traits, as oppose to women that spent their lives learning how to always act dominate in order to be successful.

Dating a man is nothing like dealing with an employee, or business associate that you need to control. The women that never learn to balance those traits end up alone, blaming their success, rather than their personalities, or accepting they just weren't hot enough to get the kinds of guys they wanted. Just because women that are successful value a certain type of trait in a man, doesn't mean that successful men are going to value the same trait in a woman.

What Guys Said 19

• Independent girls are often "independent" in name alone. Girls also mistake independence for "I don't need no man so imma act like bitch". Being independent just means you have the capability to make it on your own IF YOU HAVE TO. If you want a family and a marriage, then you are NOT going to make it on your own. That's physically and economically impossible. A family unit has a certain amount of dependence upon one another. That's the way it works. Girls who try too hard to be ultra independent forgot that, so we have no interest in them. We are not your optional extra. Either you need us, or you don't. And if you don't, then we don't need you either.

• Independent isn't the problem it's the big me , little you persona many of those women have that's a turn off

• What do you mean by independent and intimidating?

• I love independent girls... they dont like me lol
    I am not financially stable enough and too carefree according to my ex's

• So its true! The ladies at new york are more of the gold digger types!

• dude the struggle is real...
      I know girls in HS who date dudes who are 20+ because they have cars and apartments and shit lol!!
      All i had in HS was charm, balls and luck lol

I know kids who own airplanes and helicopters, and i am over here with my metro card lol!

• That would be preferable.
    It means that the can pay for her own stuff. Awesome!

• No. Smoking hotties are intimidating to date. Guys don't give a shit about your management position or whatever the fuck you do that you think is so important.

• I wouldn't really care. I wouldn't date one that keeps bringing it up like they were bragging because I don't like narcissists.

• No girl is too intimidating to date!

• all girls are to me

• Why would they unless you are a guy that like repressing women

• For me, I like girls who are independent and intellectual but follow traditional family values.

• No, I want her to be established and have an idea of what she wants to do in life.

• ugh...

... no.

• nope. no women are intimidating to date. remember... they need you, not the other way around. Well at your age, they still feel like gate keepers, I guess... the older you get the more that tide turns. At my age, there are a LOT of single women looking and few men that are single. You get a LOT of interest. The paradigm is reversed from when you are younger. They are looking for YOU. Don't ever be intimidated. You are starting to get to the age where men are diminishing. Soon, there will be more women than you know what to do with

• Because they make us feel like they don't want us. Yeah they could need us, maybe, I don't know but, it's more about the feeling of want, not need

• Why do women use the word intimidate when talking about why guys don't like independent women? Want to know a secret? Self claimed independent women are fucking boring, they tend to be the most stereotypical women of the modern age.

• I suppose maybe. After all, the girl could decide to leave the guy if she wanted to.

• if your a workaholic then that is a big turn off. but being independent is not bad dont see why that would scare anyone off. unless she was arrogant.

• Despite what many feminists will tell you independence and intelligence are actually huge turn-ons for men! Some women who have these qualities, are also narcissistic, and quite selfish, which is a huge turnoff. Whenever these women get dumped by a guy they will go on and on to literally everyone who will listen that its because the man "was intimidated" by her independence, when in reality they were just disgusted with their selfishness and narcissism, thus making independent women self conscious.

They shouldn't be, those are very desirable traits!