Do long distance relationships work?

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, they need to be in a position to be able to see each other. Even the best setup. where you Skype and interact with each other will fail if one of you does not visit the other. If it's domestic (in the same country) this isn't so hard to do. But I tried doing a long distance relationship, I could never visit her, she couldn't me, so it inevitably split us up, and it wasn't fair for us to be like that in hindsight. I do miss her still. But it's 100 percent effort, with trying to see each other at every opportunity, much like any other form of dating, just with more obstacles.

What Guys Said 6

• They can but only with a lot of love and commitment and work. It takes a level of maturity and trust that most your age aren't ready for

• Both of mine worked out pretty well, but the success of a long distance relationship relies entirely on the people involved and how committed they are to making it work.

• Mine worked out very good

• With great effort on both side and as much communication as possible

• I don't have good opinions about long distance relationships. Hence my view is it doesn't work, more often not it fails.

• Depends on the guy

What Girls Said 4

• If your willing to put in all the work, be honest, and trust worthy. Then it can. Never go into one half heartedly. I also wrote a mytake about my LDR and some tips of surviving one.

• most of the time, no.

• Some do, some don't..

• I'm in one. I'm not gonna lie, it's really hard. I feel lonely and miss him all the time.

But if both people like each other enough, and good communication and loyalty are involved, then it can absolutely work. It helps to focus on the positives -- for example, "distance makes the heart grow fonder."