Girls, are any of your boyfriends like this?

My boyfriend and I were going to my cousin's wedding and he asked me if I was going to wear my pearl necklace. I said yes because weddings are the only time I ever wear pearls or jewelry in general lol. He told me that he had a surprise for me. Once he picked me up in the car, he showed me a candy bracelet. He said "I can't afford pearls, but these candies kind of look similar." I laughed because I didn't think he was serious, oh but he was. We got into a fight about how he spent time picking out this bracelet and how I wasn't going to wear it because I'm in the wedding and it's a candy bracelet that didn't match anything I was wearing at all! He's so unintelligent sometimes. Do any of you girls have these types of problems with your boys?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess I kinda do :) (not exactly the same). But um for Valentine's Day, bout 1 and a half years ago. my boyfriend got me a very beautiful ring, it's silver (no diamonds, or colors) it's just swirls, but very pretty. Anyway about a month ago, I said "I wonder if the shop would add in red ruby's" and he immediately got offended, tbh the way I meant it was that "it's so gorgeous I wonder if it could look even more". And he took it such a bad way

What Girls Said 7

• Promise him you love it and would wear it to the bridal shower or a special date or something instead, he might let off a bit

• I think my boyfriend wouldn't be that idiotic lol. I mean nothing wrong with the candy bracelet. It was sweet of him. Just not wearing it for a wedding. He should understand that.

• There's nothing wrong with a candy bracelet, but just not wearing it to a wedding. It's a very sweet gesture and I'd appreciate it but I'd tell him politely that I'd wear it to other events like a special date or something. He will understand me.

• I actually think thats cute of him. I wouldn't fight with him for something like that. My husband buys me little silly stuff all the time and I wear is because its cute and it makes him happy. Its shows I am appreciative.

• I would've worn it.

• No, but that's kind of rude of you. He made a kind gesture to try and be sweet and funny and instead you reject it. I'm not trying to be rude but maybe he really wanted you to wear it. I think its cute that he did that

• you definitely hurt his feelings. he's definitely not unintelligent. He was trying to do something sweet for you. you should have thanked him and told him that you couldn't wear it for the wedding but you thought it was really cute!