How can you fall in love more than once?

I never understood how you could ever fall out of love with one person and simply move on to loving someone else. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I feel like everyone should fall in love once. With one person. You fall in love with that person because you see something in them that you haven't been able to find in anyone else. How could you ever just stop loving them

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people do that. It's rare, though. There's a lot that goes into it - how well you get along, what happens during the relationship, and external factors like meeting new people. I've loved many people in my lifetime; some of them I still do, but it just wasn't going to work for one reason or another. And I didn't know that going in, and neither did the other person.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It just happens perhaps over time. People grow and change.

• Yea well, that's just not how the world works. You fall in and out of love, and that is a good thing.

• You never fall out of love you stay in love with the person but start realizing you need to move on if their only holding you back