Your thoughts on ur girlfriend boyfriend freely being able to check ur phone?

It's true if u don't have anything to hide it's not a big deal but rights can be abused and it's just so annoying and an indicator of a bigger problem? After a few times I get fed up

Most Helpful Guy

• No need to let your SO (non married) come close to your phone. In some worst cases, after a break up, things may get messy, as she already knows enough about your personal info which maybe misused.

What Girls Said 12

• It all depends on the nature of why they desire to check my phone.
    Personally, I kind of view it as a trust exercise. Realistically, there are a lot of shady, sneaky people who are shitting on others behind their back. They smile in their face yet practice no respect, integrity, decency, and show them no honor behind their back whenever temptation presents itself. So it's not like someone being curious about what goes on, how I interact, and what I would do in a certain situation is completely unreasonable or ridiculous. I'd view it as an opportunity for us to deepen our trust and comfort level with one another knowing that we sincerely, completely have each other's backs and respect each other on ALL LEVELS. However, if my boyfriend feels the need to do it on a regular basis despite the fact that I've never given him reason to distrust me or not have faith in how I act when he's not around, then I'll think he's insecure and that ish will get old/get on my nerves, potentially pushing me into the arms of someone else.

• I wouldn't be OK with that. People grabbing my phone makes me nervous. There has to be some trust and boundaries. I think after a long time when you're married, that naturally comes with time. More of a, "Hey, your phone is ringing, I'll answer it" kind of thing. I think going through each others' phone for the soul purpose of checking up is unhealthy.

• Nope. I strongly disagree with having cell phones completely open to each other, sharing passwords, etc..
    If you have the need to 'check up on' whether or not your s/o is messing around behind your back by sexting and such, or arranging hangouts with other girls, even if you find evidence of that, it's just beating an already dead horse. On top of there being no trust as it is, if them telling you they're not doing anything wrong doesn't suffice.

• you shoudn't feel the need or even want to go through ur SOs phone. i have access to hubbys but never feel the urge to go through it. and if he wanted to go through mine i probably woulnd't like that. its kind of an invasion of privacy, even if there's nothing to hide. makes it seem like thers a trust issue

• If he checks it he checks it. What can I say I do feel it's an invasion of privacy but I don't do it to him

• Because we do like to have private conversations and the fact that someone wants to constantly forcibly insert themselves into those conversations based on THEIR own trust problems, is twice as annoying. If a guy has to constantly check my phone, I assume he has issues in himself and I'd be immediately turned off.

• I don't care

• Ya I don't think it should be an issue. If he gets upset when I use his phone, I'd be worried

• I wouldn't be okay with him checking my phone (and I do not have anything to hide), but if he takes it once in a blue moon to see pics and stuff then it's fine

• No. I don't have anything to hide really, but my phone is my privacy.

• if u pay my bill, feel free.
    if you dont, stay the fuck out.

• I could honestly care less if he went through my phone.

What Guys Said 9

• Your phone is your personal tool, it's not OK to just go into it. I think it's somewhat justified if they have reasonable suspicion of something going on and check. If it's just off the bat though then absolutely not. That's a lack of trust. Sure, later in life maybe but you may have thoughts and feelings written on there that you used in a time to better express yourself and they have no right to that.

• Some people are pretty personal about their stuff, even with partners. I've always been of the mindset to trust my partner. I'm not her father, I supposed to be her boyfriend. So it would't bother me at all. But I can understand how some people would be bothered by it.

• I don't let anyone on my phone unless I'm there.
    I don't like them seeing the pictures I have on there. If she really wanted to see my phone she can. She will only find selfies and photographs of stuff.

• Everyone has the right to privacy, and to be trusted. You shouldn't have to prove your innocence to an insecure, controlling partner.

• I don't think it should be allowed. There are some very personal family issues that could be found in my phone and I don't want a girlfriend knowing about that. If she asks that then she doesn't trust you

• Simple idea: if you have nothing to hide, then what are you afraid of?

• it's not a big deal

• While I have nothing to hide I have things to hide.

• It is invasion of privacy.