Is it too soon to have the "what are we" talk?

I met a guy on an online dating website in the summer of last year but we lost communication when I went back to uni. We started speaking during winter holiday and went out. Right away the chemistry was there and there was a connection, he even mentioned how long he's been waiting to meet me and how excited he was, but I had to go back to uni which was a few hours away. We spoke and made plans to see each other while I was away but the plans always fell through. My studies are finally over, but we've both been busy so we've only had sporadic meetings. On our second date/meeting we had sex and I stayed overnight. The same happened on the third one where I also met some of his close friends. His one friend's girlfriend asked me how long we'd been seeing each other and general question about us and I found myself unable to answer and questioning it myself. We've only technically gotten together 3 times in a span of keeping communication for about 6 months. I'm not quite sure what we are and how long we'd be considered whatever we are which is why I want to have the talk but again I'm afraid that after 3 times it may be too soon even though we've been talking for longer than that. We don't speak everyday, which is okay with me because I prefer face to face communication, but it is a few times a week. My question ultimately is in my situation is it too soon to ask about us and should I wait or is it okay to have that conversation now? I know on my end I'm very attracted and interested in him and being with him feels natural and very comfortable. I'd be very interested in a relationship with him, but since timing and schedules have always worked against us and I feel as if we may be slipping into the "casual" because of the circumstances. My schedule is very open now since leaving uni but his is still pretty hectic. Should I initiate the what are we talk right away or let the thing play out more?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's too soon. You should sort things out.

What Guys Said 2

• Too soon. If a guy wants to be with you for sure, he will tell you.

• Yeah, too soon.

What Girls Said 0