Guys, Did I handle this the right way?

History: I have a boyfriend and there was a guy that used to be all over me, and when he got drunk he tried to get physical with me so I pushed him away and cut all contact with him.

today (which is a month later) he contacts me out of the blue and does some small talk and then asks me to hangout with him so I replied saying that "I'm still dating______", and he goes "calm down I just meant as friends not like we're gonna do anything" so I said "he wouldn't appreciate that so I can't" (he as in my bf).

before this we just did some small talk like he asked how I was doing and stuff..

did I handle this the right way?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• your boyfriend sounds scared and insecure that you may like this guy back. lol at him telling YOU to cuss him out. if some guy was hitting on my girlfriend id let handle it and if he keep pursuing id cuss him out MYSELF. its a pusy move telling your girlfriend what to do. sounds like you did you teh right thing

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, actually that seemed perfectly appropriate. Why do you think there was a better way to handle it?

• Cause my boyfriend initially told me to ignore him (not reply) or to cuss him out, but instead I made some small tlak with him and just told him what I wrote above haha

• Nah, you got your point across in a polite yet firm manner. Nothing wrong with what you did.

• You should have told your boyfriend. Let him handle it but, why are you talking to this guy anyway? You're being disrespectful to your man.

• You were a lot nicer than I would have been. If I were in your place, I would not have anything to do with him even if I were single. He sounds disrespectful and presumptuous.

• You did good. Best would have been to tell him no, not because your boyfriend wouldn't like it, but because YOU don't want to.

Unless the former actually better represent your feelings.

• If you don't want to see the guy, it's best to tell him you're not interested. You know that men and women can't be friends.

• Yes... correctly done