Women would you feel flattered?

Would you feel flattered if a guy started talking with you and said he's noticed you so many times around campus and saw that you're really gorgeous and wanted to know your name because he luckily got a class with you in it. Would you think it's weird/creepy or flattering and would you be interested in him or completely disregard him because of it

• Weird
  • Flattered

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• well id certainly feel flattered that someone's noticed me.
    but... the overthinking part of me will always wonder if that's just a line he uses with many other women.
    i have a problem, i know. i have trust issues. even if my family compliments me, ill never fully believe it.

• That's sounds like the perfect way to approach a girl in a non threatening and non creepy way :)

• But I want to be creepy should I offer her some candeh? Lol jk

• @Asker
      "Does this smell like chloroform to you?"

• Ehhhhhh... I don't know... I don't think I'd be flattered, but it would depend on a lot of things if he was creepy or not.

• if you don't know my name, how did you know you have a class with me?

• I find it odd if she didn't personally give me her name

• it's a good way to approach someone though

• Flattered. But one time a guy was talking to be about my looks and I told him I had a boyfriend (after engaging him in conversation for a few minutes) and he got so offended he walked away, no joke, 3 seconds after the words leave my lips.

• Well I wouldn't do that since its rude but I'd just remove all flirty comments from now on and look at her as a guy freind and look for another girl because life is short I can't stay with one girl and hope she breaks up with her boyfriend because that's pretty low and only snakes do that

• Yeah, I see a lone "I have a boyfriend" as a KO move. And I'm more about making things go as nicely as possible. He came up to me saying how" exotic and gorgeous" I was so I thought the few minutes of chatter, plus being honest, would be fine. But nooo sir. @Transigence I was actually racked with guilt and felt like I made him feel inferior or that I was a bitch. Then I thought, well maybe just maybe he was being overly sensitive.

• @vishna
      Well the guy probably didn't have a man in his life. I didn't have a man in my life and had to figure a bunch of stuff out on my own. It could also be a reflexive protective move (the best defense...), as there are a LOT of women who do not dismiss a man with grace, but for some reason feel the need to completely crush him at the same time. I don't understand this -- I think it's a power thing. Women are way more powerful than men in this context and some women are immature and abusive with it. It's all sad really, because he was probably either neglected by his only parent and/or abused by power-drunk women, and the power-drunk women were probably also abused or neglected themselves.

Abuse begets abuse. Do pity him, but don't let him get under your skin. You didn't do anything wrong.

• I would be highly flattered and would notice him even more so than before.

• "Gee, thanks! SO WANT TO GET MARRIED?"
    I'm a closet Asian. Closet Asians for the win. All I do is Internet and ice cream.

• I've already had that compliment my freshman year of high school.

• I'd be flattered honestly, I mean, I'd be seriously shocked someone noticed me first of all

• I'd be extremely flattered and i'd definitely notice him

• I'd find that a bit over the top. I'd probably start offwith "Hi, I've seen you around and we have a class together so I thought I'd introduce myself...". See how she responds. If she looks really happy to you then ask her something, for example, how she likes the class. Once you have a bit of rapport going then give her a compliment. Less risky for you and more likely she will not find it weird or awkward to have a stranger just walk up and give her a string of compliments.

What Guys Said 5

• Too creepy move, brother.

'Noticed you many times around the campus', she may tag you as a stalker if you say that.

Just use a simple approach and keep it simple and talk to her for no more than 5 minutes at first attempt.

Complimenting girls on first approach doesn't work, especially the words that describe her outer beauty.

Just tell her she seems fun to be with, rather than calling her gorgeous and making impression of a loner desperate guy.

• OMG, 79% votes for the flattered thing.

You go and follow that advice. If it works, kill me. It will work on super low esteem girls only, not good looking confident girls.

• If you want to make it even easier, just take a female friend along with you when you approach her.

• Ill go with what you said in the beginning to play it safe

• They would find it weird and creepy if they don't like you based on first impression. I think I get that feeling because your reason is their exterior appearance, and not that they seem like an interesting person or something. Being found attractive by a random person is kinda scary for females if they are paranoid. That is what I think, anyways.

• She does look interesting but I find it creepy if I said oh I noticed you're into art because of the canvas she's carried or other stuff I don't know if it's just me but imagine a girl saying she noticed many things about you and other stuff you did, wouldn't she come off as creepy?

• ... It is a question of balance, yes. If someone did see me carrying some big ass canvas around, I wouldn't be surprised if someone remembered me, though. I guess you can try whichever feels like the better option, it really depends on how she perceives you at first glance.

• Agreed with mesonfield.

• It's cute but I think there could be better ways...

• Hopefully it is cute because I don't want to come off too confident because it's very hard to get nice girls to not assume you're a typical douche

• ahhh that's a good idea I guess good luck bro

• Thanks man

• I think it depends on their very first impression of you that they make the moment they see you on whether or not they'll find what you said really romantic and sweet or really creepy. A lot of the time that's the only difference between the two things. Whether they liked you already or not.

• She'll be flattered if you look like this.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b86ed9d4d3.jpg

and creeped out if you look like this.
    daveschneider.co.uk/.../uglyman-244x300.jpg