I'm not sure how to feel?

I have a boyfriend and we really love each other. I will admit he's not everyone's type but he's perfect to me. The other day one of my close friends said I should break up with him because I am way prettier and that I should be embarrassed to show him off to anyone. After she said that I've started having mixed feelings towards my boyfriend, and I do feel ashamed of him now and don't want to be seen with him in public, but is this the correct way to feel?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• No it isn't and your friend shouldn't say that if she is a true friend. So what happens when u finish this guy in a shallow way after he treats u well and u move on to some super stud that treats u like dirt and cheats on u... do u stay with him because your friend thinks he's cute? Hmmmmmmm think about this before you do something u may regret. Good guys aren't always easy to find so think yourself lucky and don't bow down to pier pressure just because a so called friend doesn't like him

• Your close friend is an asshole, and should just discard her opinion.

• thats mean, if you care about your friends more than the guy you like... then you're just hurting him. He deserves to be with someone who isn't so shallow to be purseded by some
    """""""""""friends""""""""""""

• If you're starting to feel ashamed of him then you clearly don't love him like you say you do.

Your friend is a dick.

What Girls Said 3

• No. That's horrible... you're letting your friend's irrational prejudiced biased thought impede on a good guy that YOU YOURSELF say that he's your type and cares for you.

I would be ashamed of having a bitchass friend who didn't support me and my boyfriend.

• No. Thats so wrong. Who does ur frieend think she is to tell u this? She must've felt jealous of ur relationship and wanted to ruin it. If u love him, Nothing else matters. Screw what everybody else thinks. Geez.

• i don't think its right to let your friends influence the feelings you have for your boyfriend...