Girls, how would you feel if asked on a date like this?

I was born in the hillsI love going on hikes through the forest. I moved out of the hills into the city... I've always wanted to take a girl for a hike up in the forest. One trail in particular, if walked at night, is kind of creepy, but leads to the top of a hill that overlooks the entire city and the lights are amazing.

Would this be to much for a first date? Fucking creepy guys ruined things like this for normal people, im afraid a girl might think im taking her out to the middle of the forest to kill her lol... which would never be the case!!!

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I've watched too many 48 hours & Lifetime movies.. Sorry but I would pass on that. Which sucks because its something u seem to enjoy & wanna experience with a girl but like u said basically other guys ruin it for u. Maybe not the first date. Not the second or third either. Just being TOTALLY honest.

What Girls Said 7

• I think you need to consider the girl. Yeah you have this beautiful first date idea... but that's your dream date. Is it hers though? As a guy asking a girl out, you need to figure out what she likes and try to create a first date that she feels comfortable in and can enjoy. Maybe the first date you do something more her style, and the second you do more of what you'd like.
    I only say to consider her first date comfort over your own because of the general male chivalry idea that most people still believe in.

But of course if you meet a girl that loves hiking, I'd consider that she would like it.

There's nothing wrong with spoiling a first date and telling her your plans before hand. It lets her plan and even tell you "I don't like that" etc, so that the date is enjoyable for everyone involved.

• I would save that for a later date. Totally romantic and a great Idea. However, like you said, a girl might get a little worried

• I love the idea I think it's adorable! Although she might get the wrong idea if it's for a first date. Maybe if you made some kind of trail of lights or balloons or glow sticks or something it would ease her mind (so she thinks you're not trying to kill her as you stated haha) so that she sees the trail leads to something and doesn't get too worried about being in the middle of nowhere. Then again I do find it a bit serious for a first date unless you already know the girl really well :)

• Love the idea, but not for a first date.

• Depends on the girl.. she might think you're going to murder her.. I would wait a couple of dates before I sprung something like this on someone. Let her trust you more so that she knows whats up

• I guess it depends on the girl. I love to go hiking, but to be honest would be a bit hesitant if I was going with a stranger. If we were friend's before dating, I would feel a bit more comfortable. I love to star gaze, and going up to the mountains has some amazingly beautiful views. Always let someone or others know where you are going, you never know what can happen, especially if it's night time. (like falling, animal, other person/people etc).

• Sounds like an awesome date to me. Maybe if you dont know her that well she could be concerned about how remote it is and she doesn't know you well enough. But if you know her fairly well (eg already friends, or you go to class together, etc) then she'd probably be ok. You could always just ask her and see how keen she seems - tell her what you love doing, what it's like up there, and say you'd like to take her there if she is keen. I think if you present it to her in an open way then you have more chance. If she looks unsure then you could suggest you do it when you know each other better.