Is it stress that makes him unavailable?

I've been 'seeing' this guy for almost 3 months now, and we were basically just friends with benefits (or so we called it).
But we saw each other like twice a week and he would stay over for hours (sometimes even days) just because we like to hang out with each other.

Now he's been under a lot of stress recently, and he started saying that we couldn't be more than friends with benefits for now. I told him I was fine with that, because I'm in no hurry to get more serious.

But now he never wants to hang out anymore. I've asked him to hang out a few times but he's never able too. I know he's stressed and that that causes some serious issues, but he could take a night off of his life to hang out, couldn't he?

And because this has been going on for a few weeks I've started to doubt that he even still wants to hang out. So I'm wondering; is it just the stress that makes him unavailable? Or is he just not that into me anymore?

(I'm calling it friends with benefits, but it wasn't just casual hook-ups and drunk bootycalls. There's been times that we just spent the weekend hanging out, not even having sex..., so I don't know, maybe it's something else...)

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like not only could he take a night off, he *should* take a night off. Bottling up stress is like shaking a can of soda. Sooner or later, it gets sprayed in your face and makes a huge mess. Personally, I think he needs to let off some steam somehow. Whatever relaxes him. But I do think it's the stress and not you personally.

What Guys Said 1

• Remember to ignore all friends with benefits related questions, folks. Let them stew in their own mess.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he has found someone else or he's no longer interested?