Puppy on the bed?

Just started to date this guy. Last time I stayed at his place for the first time. He has a puppy that jumps at you and shares the bed with him. Big puppy and I didn't sleep well at all. Yesterday he asked me to come over. I said I didn't sleep well last time so he said the dog could sleep in another spot. So I went (btw i live 40 mins away) but later he still let the puppy in the bed. So I left and went home at midnight. I respect the bond between these two, but I didn't want to drive 1.5 hour to be kicked in a cramped space while sleeping especially I raised the question before going. So Was i too demanding or he was inconsiderate?

Most Helpful Guy

• His wrong was not that he allows the dog on the bed. His wrong was in allowing the dog on the bed after telling you that the dog would not be on the bed. when someone tells somebody else that they will do something for them, they owe it to them to follow through.

What Guys Said 5

• Dogs don't belong in the bedroom. Strong bond or not, a dog is supposed to be a submissive and obedient pet, they do not get the same rights as their owners.

• He should've done what he said

• Some people love to sleep with their pets. I never was one of them. I don't think you were too demanding, especially since you asked ahead of time.

• Not at all... a good pet owner set boundaries for their pet so they can be trained.

• He would choose the puppy over you don't you think so? I have a pet but won't let my pet be a reason why a friend or someone won't be happy.

What Girls Said 2

• I have a massive German Shepard named Zeus and after 2 years of owning him I got a boyfriend. Zeus was on the floor straight away with not fighting and trust me I love this dog more then anything. He was being inconsiderate and not thinking about you. You should have a real sit don with him or, maybe buy the puppy a nice comfy bed for the ground. It shows you care but it ill help him (the guys your dating not the dog) understand that there is an issue.

• It's really inconsiderate. If you're at his house sleeping with him, then there is no reason why the dog cannot just sleep on the floor like dogs usually do. Sounds like he may be a little over attached to the puppy.