Girls, would admitting you didn't talk to her much the first day you met because you thought she was too pretty to be interested in you be a bad move?

To be clear, we're about to go on a date in a few days.
Would this put her off and make her think I have shitty confidence?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Do it jokingly and it will be cute, like a teasing compliment, or it might seem like you don't have confidence.

What Girls Said 9

• Not on the first date. You COULD say something about being too stunned by her beauty to speak, but never even HINT that you thought she was out of your "league." That reeks of lack of confidence, and that is... well, bad.

• Would it still be bad if her initial interest in me was how shy I was?
      I'll probably just tell her what you said.

• You can compliment her and be adorably cute with that approach :)

• Sometimes it can be endearing if you're an otherwise confident person, but that would generally put me off someone. I don't have the time or energy to be someone's entire emotional support system or reason to believe they're special and important. Work your shit out first, then come talk to me.

• Hmm I wouldn't say I'm confident the rest of the time, but I don't need validation, either. I've done a lot of coming out of my shell for her. What if it's dropped matter of factly? Like something laughed about?
      I ask cuz I almost let it slip, but had second thoughts lol.

• If you don't feel comfortable sharing this detail at this stage, you don't have to.

• I've gotten that before... it's a big turn off for me. Makes you seem like you don't have any confidence.

• Even if he's sonce talked to you regularly and you've dated him?

• But, I guess everyone is different. I'd just be safe and avoid the "You're too _____ for me" talk. Just re-word it in a way that doesn't put the two of you on unequal footing...

• Ah I see, well I definitely get that.
      I guess for me it was more that I used to be overweight, and she was the first girl who had approached me when I lost the weight.
      So I do see us as equals and I'm not looking for reassurance.
      She was just the prettiest girl at the party I kmee right away I wanted to talk to her, but like I was still in that old mindset... Then she sat down and started talking to me and I'd gone so long without that, that I wasn't quite sure how to react.

• Don't say that. I think it would turn most girls off.

• Hmm okay. But why do you think that is, just outbid curiosity?

• Well I think it just kind of shows a lack of confidence on your part.

• No, I feel like most girls would be flattered but some might think its creepy. It really depends on the girl and her confidence level but no I honestly would think its cute if a guy said that to me

• I dont know about her, but I would have been flattered at that. Admitting that to her may make her day.

• not a good move.

• Even if he's since talked you you frequently and we're dating him?

• Nope, it's kind of a compliment.

• Honestly I think it's kinda cute... Maybe wait till the 2nd or 3 rd date though you wanna make sure things go good before you start spilling so if something does go wrong you know it's not something you said