In dating "you can't have it all". do you agree?


do you believe that in the dating world "you can't have it all"?
And when i say "you can't have it all" i mean you can't expect to meet/find a person that has everything you want in a person. For example if you want an attractive, smart, funny and outgoing person, you can't expect to find that person. You might find one, but the chances aren't that high.. so you meet an attractive person you should expect them to either me less smart that you would like to, or maybe not ass tall as you would like, or like the same things you are passionate about.. etc

Do you agree? do you think a lot of people expect to much sometimes from people?


0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Guy

  • I saw a sign on the wall in an automotive repair shop: "Good. . . fast. . . cheap. . . you can select any two!" It's the same way with dating and relationships. The odds on meeting someone who is exactly what you want in every way are infinitesimally small. . . and maybe that wouldn't make for a good relationship. Part of what happens in relationships is the give and take, the compromising that we do because we love our partner.

    In a good relationship, you may find that 10% of what your partner is all about is objectionable, but you're willing to tolerate it because you love the other 90% so much. And, your partner feels the same way about you.

    0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

  • No, I don't agree. It's better to stay single but one should never compromise with their standards just in order to be in a relationship or for dating purposes, why must one compromise in order to date or to be happy? No I don't believe that. Maximum what will happen, you will remain single but its true many people think like you. However if it was me, I would rather stay single all my life without regrets, rather than compromising on my standards, never.

    Hence I don't agree.

    0|0
    0|0
  • for the most part yeah but that's also because we are always changing. who knows how, what I will feel 5-10 years from now, what my preferences will be like.

    0|0
    0|0
  • you can but it's unlikely.

    People who are attractive, smart, and good are rare. There's not a lot of them so there's just not enough them that everyone can end up with one.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I agree , you try to find as close to what you like in a person and work with the rest , as in compromising with things here and there

    0|0
    0|0
  • No. That is a statement made by weak people.

    Do you think that someone like little Wayne or Tom Cruise walks around saying you can't have it all? They can have whatever they want.

    Now the other thing is to decide what is really important to you. Which I think is what that quote is really saying but it is really poorly worded in a way that keeps your mind in chains.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Nah you can have it all

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

  • Of course. You can't find all those qualities exactly the same way as you imagine them in one person. This person only exists in your head. I am sure the other person has criterias of their own which you aren't meeting 100%. You have to lowers your expectations to something that actually exists in reality. Compromising is the key... Maybe they are not as attractive as you'd like them to be but they make up for it in the brain department...

    0|0
    0|0
  • Well that's more for people who have lists and think a lot about what someone must have.
    So eh.
    Online it looks like people expect a lot, but irl I see people who don't take their lists seriously and end up not even dating their "type".
    But they're happy.

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...