Why would he want to see what my reaction, is?

When my boyfriend and I first started dating he said "I cheated on u" then laughed. Which this was about 2 years ago. I have trust issues the way it is due to my past. I asked why he said that and he said to see what my reaction was. I still don't trust him completely. For the fact my trust issues are still bad and hopefully they will get better. People Have told me to trust him. Which I try hard too. But this weekend he is going to a bachelor party for the whole weekend. and I just thought about that time he told me that. Should I believe him that he just wanted to see what my reaction was and why would he want to see? Or did he really cheat?

Most Helpful Girl

• That was a very insensitive joke to make.

Besides that joke,
    Have you seen any indication that he's the type to cheat on you?
    If not, trust him and try not to let your insecurities get the best of you.

We have to take a chance in life!
    Sometimes we risk getting ourselves hurt.
    It's all a part of dating and finding out who is right for us and who isn't.

• He is one that likes to joke around. He can flirt when he's drinking and he gets turned, on easily. His family members and friends have told, me, to trust him and he said he would never cheat on me. Cuz he cheated on, his ex when first started dating, but they were in, highschool, then, and, he is now 25.

• People mature over time.
      I mean... just because he cheated on his ex doesn't mean he did that to you.
      And plus he's much older than he was when he initially did that (to her).
      I think you really should try to trust him.
      And even if he ends up betraying you,
      don't regret that you gave him your full trust.
      Just move on and don't allow him to hurt you again.

Sometimes we have to get hurt in relationships a few times,
      before we find someone that won't do that.
      Some people find that right away (loyalty and commitment) but we're not all so fortunate.

What Guys Said 6

• Of course he wants to see if you trust him or not.

I mean how has it been for the past 2 years, has he made changes in his behaviour? how were his actions? were they trustworthy? I understand trust once broken will never be 100% ever again, but it can be regained to a great extent, so it all depends how it was for you these two years. If he hasn't done anything to break your trust then it should be okay.

• you date a fucking idiot by the way lol
    whether he actually did it or not doesn't matter because it had the same effect, you dont trust him and you probably never will

• First, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE SAY THAT? Lol, But really, I'd assuming he's planning on doing it, or if not is...

• Know he said that so you know about it. Its better than you finding out for yourself right? Chances are he won't cheat on you again if he told you of a previous experience of cheating. So dont worry too much!

• Sound like he is intending to no offence but you cannot trust him properly

• So he's basically tolling you

What Girls Said 5

• You should have said "We're even" and then laughed right back in his face.

To me, he wants to see if you will create a big old drama out of him cheating because he's either eyeing up someone or has already been corresponding with someone which equals cheating.

• I don't think it's funny to tell someone that at all. However why tell you that if he is being serious just to take it back? He was probably just trying to get a reaction out of you. I wouldn't assume anything unless he gives you another reason to

• Have u heard of any guys doing that to get a reaction, out of them?

• From the sounds of that it seems like he really just did wanna see your reaction, he might have wanted a big reaction where u go crazy coz that shows u really care Bout him and that turns some guys on seeing girls get jealous, or he just generally curious to see how you'd react, stop overthinking hun seems fine! X

• is he worth the answer to your question?

• I would say trust him but not fully trust him. If you know what I mean

• Yes I know what u mean ;)

• Then just trust him but not fully ok