Girls, what is your ideal relationship in terms of how a guy treats you, how he financialy supports you, and how you do the same for him?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think we really live in an age where women should rely on a man to financially support them because if things go bust, it is really hard to pick up the pieces. My ideal relationship is one like my parents have. They are equals in each others eyes, but fall into stereotypical gender roles where she generally maintains the home and he does heavy lifting, yard work, takes care of the cars. Both have worked their entire lives, both support each other in all things and he to this day, still opens the door for my mom. I'd just like a relationship where there is trust, love, friendship, he is kind and a gentleman, and I hope to return the favor in an equal way.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm too independent to allow a guy to support me financially. I'd never rely on a guy to support me that way.

• I want him to treat me well, pull his weight, and treat me to nice things now and then.