He said he didn't want a birthday present but should I get him one anyway?

So my boyfriend birthday party is this weekend and I was gonna get him a present but when I asked what he wanted he said I didn't have to get him anything? I was wondering if I should get him something anyways? I was thinking a gift card? I don't know help!

• Yes still get him something
    100% (5)62% (5)77% (10)Vote
  • No he didn't want anything
    0% (0)38% (3)23% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• if he said no present, then u should respect this i believe

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Yes get him something, anything. I've never got a BD present from a woman I'm dating I only get cheated on, but mostly built up with a false sense of security and left to crumble in the ruins of what i thought was a powerful bond.

0|0
    0|0
  • a real gift tho, not a gift card xD

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know what you mean by a "real gift" we haven't even been dating a month so I was thinking just a gift card because he told me he didn't want anything...

• If you're realllllly itching to get him something, go ahead but, usually if we say something, we mean it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• A gift card doesn't really have meaning to it... I would get him something that maybe he told you a while back he liked, so then he knows you really pay attention... But I know that from personal experience, my boyfriend was upset when I got him a gift card because he felt that it wasn't meaningful.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well actually we haven't even been dating a month yet so I don't really know what he wants he hasn't told me anything specific he wants/needs so I wasn't really sure...

• Ooh!!! That makes sense ;) Take him to a movie and dinner?

• Yes! That's a great idea. Thank you☺️

• My hubby says that every year but it still makes his day when I get him something and take him out!

0|0
    0|0
    • We say we don't want anything cause we don't want our girlfriends to go crazy anxious about finding us anything. We often don't know what we want ourselves. Of course if you get us something, we'll be happy, we're not savages lol. All we really want is for our girl not to worry...