Do you think its possible that girls are insecure about a guy they think is too good for them?

Appearently i was catching up with some girls in highschool and they thought that i was mean or a jerk just because of how i looked. Does that even make sense? I wasn't always smiling but its not like i had a resting bitch face. What are your thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes complete sense, and the insecurity of that doesn't discriminate between men or women.

Usually the younger people are, the quicker they are to make assumptions based on looks, popularity and the crowd the other person hangs out with.

When people feel like they aren't part of that particular "group" the person of interest is involved with, they become stereotyped to their affiliation. Generalizations like "Jocks" "People in the school band" "Stoners" "Gothic types" etc... you get the idea.

Let's say you're more independent of any particular characterized group, but you're simply shy and quiet. Without knowing you, people will also make an assumption because you haven't made them the center of your universe.

Girls would come up to me in college and tell me I was rude because I didn't introduce myself to them or ask them to dance. I was like "okay, whatever" then they would ask me to dance... And here I always thought women didn't like the oversexed aggressive types... It's just a losing proposition all the way around... ha ha

As people mature, they are more inclined to make a judgment based on what they actually know about that person rather then lump them in a particular category based on their social affiliation.

What Girls Said 3

• Sometimes people just judge others quickly like that.
    In my public speaking class there was this group of guys that apparently thought I was stuck up and a bitch just because I didn't talk much.
    Meh.
    I don't really get your opening question though.

• If you look anything like that lava lamp in your picture, it's quite understandable :D

• Yes definitely

What Guys Said 4

• those gals shouldn't judge someone by his looks... wrong move in my opinion :)

• Yes I heard that many times before

• Yes, it makes total sense, and girls do this all the time. Girls will get a bit of a complex about you especially if you're a big guy or very masculine, because they think you have every woman after you. I had girls tell me that they avoided me because they were sure I was a player, even though I was quiet and studious and hardly ever dated at all. Girls express inferiority complex often by auto-rejecting the guy before they even get to know him.

• So you think you are too good to get?