Do you think that survival of the fittist no longer applies to our modern human society?

Life has become so safe and relaxed even the very weak can survive and prosper. Lots of times its tbe really attractive people and successful who dont have kids. I see lots of ugly and really poor have loads of kids.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it does, but the words "survival" and "fittest" have a new meaning.
    Some really successful people have little time/interest in having kids, while many people in third world countries have many children to support the family/make up for the high mortality rate and low life expectancy.

What Girls Said 1

• i think it still applies..

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think it applies, if you have wealth and power you are top dog in this society.

• The question is here..."what does the Fittest stand for?"
    I don't think the good looks isn't really the fittest in this century
    I think the fittest now is more like how hard you are willing to work to a goal and how flexible you can be

• I agree. Dumb people having kids and saying the rest of us have to take care of their kids through taxes is just amplifying the situation.

• It's still applicable, it's just the term 'fittest' encompasses different things now.