Guys, I really need help. What should I do?

Okay, so this guy's I've been talking to told me I deserve better, he says he wants what's best for me and I know that means he doesn't like me that way etc. But I've asked him to tell me straight up, to tell me to leave and that'll be the end of it, but he says no. He says he doesn't what that, he wants me in his life, but also wants what's best for me. I don't know what he means and im so confused. What should I do? I've asked him to be clean and he keeps saying he doesn't know. He says he's scared of commitment and has trust issues, but I'm in love with him and he knows that. I need advice, help, I need something.

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey Anonymous,

Men have different means of expressing their insecurities. In light, he truly wants to be with you but does not feel adequate to provide you with what you are looking for, which shows a lack of confidence. Nothing wrong with that. I myself have been this way in the past, where I am truly enveloped in a girl and in a way use this self-pity response 'I'm not good enough' to determine whether or not the girl is wanting to continue pursuing me.

Be mindful of his history. If there is cause for concern down the road, it will be amidst those moments of struggle and hardship that your love towards one another will truly be tested.

What Guys Said 6

• He isn't ready and thinks you don't deserve him, however I think he still wants you as a friend in his life if you are okay with it, but he wants you to be happy so that you can go for the best man you deserve.

• It probably means he isn't ready for a relationship. You're backing him into a corner he doesn't want to be in. Unfortunately, guys are a lot like tigers. You back us into a corner and sooner or later the claws will come out. You give us a way out, we'll take it. Doesn't mean we'll never be back, though. Honestly, it may be tough, but I think he needs time and friendship at this point more than anything.

• He feels like he's not good enough for you

• I think he might feel like he's not good enough for you. I think you should tell him that you are in love with him and that he is who you want in your life.

• he likes you but thinks you would be better off with someone else.

• He obviously wants you, I did the same to a girl before lol,