Why would he ask me these questions?

So this one guy I recently met through a mutual friend asked me how I would rate him on a scale of 1-10. I jokingly said 2 and he started laughing.

Another time the topic of dating came up and I had previously told him that I had to go home early. He said that he was 'good with mothers' and that my mom shouldn't worry about me getting home late. Another time he said that he would date someone around my age but not younger (he's 30 and I'm 24)
he's always been very interested in who I go on dates with and he keeps asking me questions about my personal life.

why would he be saying these things?

What Guys Said 1

• What is he to you though? He seems a little nosy...

• He's a friend of a friend and I see him sometimes at gatherings. I'm not that close with him..

• He seems to like you then and is very interested in what happens in you daily life or something

• hmm thanks. I think he might like me too as he has hinted at hanging out with me in private.

What Girls Said 1

• He seems very nosy. It's actually a little inappropriate