Why do people automatically assume because they're attractive, they should be getting asked out?

This question is inspired by a question I answered tonight but also simlar questions I've seen on here by people asking "I'm attractive, how come no one will ask me out". This is why I think it's bad to put a lot of merit on certain things, because then it leads to people thinking having that thing makes them have everything in the bag. Let me claify that, what I mean is people always say how "looks are the most important thing in the world" and how "being phsycially attracted to someone is super important". So, then those people who are attractive and know they are attractive think they never have to worry about getting a date, because looking hot is all it takes. Then, when no one asks them out they're left there thinking "what the hell? I'm attractive, why doesn't anybody want me?". Nobody ever stops to tell them that it takes more then looks to make a spark, it takes a connection and just this certain something that draws you to this person and makes you want to have a chance. It's fairly simple but also fairly complicated.

So, in your opinion why do you think attractive people assume they will get asked out just because they are attractive and shocked when they are not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks are really important, but also it takes personality too.

For example, a girl can be very good looking but their personality seems shallow or intimidating so guys will be afraid to ask her out because what they read from her is a) she's taken, or b) she would reject him. But if the girl has like an outgoing, friendly personality and shows interest in the guy, he might get a better feeling she would say yes.

Of course there are also shy guys who just are too scared to ask someone out no matter what. So you have to know how to read a person. Basically good looking goes a long way to getting guys but it doesn't take you ALL the way.

What Guys Said 3

• Because so many people stereotype men, presuming that ALL we need to ask out a woman is for her to look good.

Which is untrue. I have talked to women I found attractive, but was turned off of their personality after talking to them!

• I'd say it because they expect a certain amount of attention cause of how they look basically.

• looks always comes first.

What Girls Said 3

• Society tells them this is why. Being beautiful is more of a curse than anything when it comes to relationships. People often have it backwards.

• They're naive or are lying to themselves. It also might be the way society is, advocating beauty over a good personality. These people are obviously caught up with the nonsense they've been fed. These kind of people I believe are not only awful, since they believe looks is what it takes for someone to love you, but they have been fully brainwashed by media, among other things. What can we do though? Not much. We know what's true let them learn the hard way.

• Because we are not blind. I mean you try to look as good as possible in order to date a guy you like. I know you can't see the feelings & of a person is good or bad just looking at him, but it's the first filter. I really think that if there's no physical attraction a relationship can't work.