No interest - is it permanent?

Id like to apologize for the length of my post from the beginning... I feel like I have lost pretty much all interest in guys. I have been set up on dates, encouraged to try dating sites, go out with some regularity and no-one is appealing to me even just physically, let alone on a more substantial level. Don't get me wrong, I've met some nice people and made friends but not anything in the way of any possible romantic potential. I'm concerned because I feel lonely despite having a good number of friends and feel like I am "missing out". A relationship is still sometimes somewhat appealing to me, but in a very distant and unreachable way if that makes sense (as there is no appearing potential partners). I understand people have slumps, but my situation is slightly different. I am not ugly or socially awkward, but I am 26 years old and have never been in a relationship. (Admittedly some of this is because I have had other priorities but even the busiest people I know have had some success by my age) Although I am a virgin, I am not asexual (or at least I wasn't... I'm not sure if that can change?). I have had romantic l interests but nothing ever worked out... In the past it was discouraging but I moved on with life, now I just feel apathetic. I don't know if this is a "slump" or the combination of lack of experience and success has created a permanent disinterest. What is your opinion? This is really awkward for me to ask my friends so thank you for your consideration

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl you gotta leave town for a bit. Change up your schedule in your day to day life. I always say there's no one here in my state for me. I love to travel and when I do I meet great people

• I love to travel too :) I've made some friends all over the country (and a few outside of it) in the past two years... I will try changing up my regular schedule a little more though - thank you for the suggestion!

What Guys Said 2

• Just continue to be yourself - The second you start to overthink things you feel like you are in a maze - Everyone of my relationships was not preplanned it snuck up and I was like where did that come from - you are still very young, it may happen for you yet

• I think you were just unlucky in finding an optimal partner, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The question is always getting to know the right option.

What Girls Said 0