No interest - is it permanent?

Id like to apologize for the length of my post from the beginning... I feel like I have lost pretty much all interest in guys. I have been set up on dates, encouraged to try dating sites, go out with some regularity and no-one is appealing to me even just physically, let alone on a more substantial level. Don't get me wrong, I've met some nice people and made friends but not anything in the way of any possible romantic potential. I'm concerned because I feel lonely despite having a good number of friends and feel like I am "missing out". A relationship is still sometimes somewhat appealing to me, but in a very distant and unreachable way if that makes sense (as there is no appearing potential partners). I understand people have slumps, but my situation is slightly different. I am not ugly or socially awkward, but I am 26 years old and have never been in a relationship. (Admittedly some of this is because I have had other priorities but even the busiest people I know have had some success by my age) Although I am a virgin, I am not asexual (or at least I wasn't... I'm not sure if that can change?). I have had romantic l interests but nothing ever worked out... In the past it was discouraging but I moved on with life, now I just feel apathetic. I don't know if this is a "slump" or the combination of lack of experience and success has created a permanent disinterest. What is your opinion? This is really awkward for me to ask my friends so thank you for your consideration

1|0
1|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl you gotta leave town for a bit. Change up your schedule in your day to day life. I always say there's no one here in my state for me. I love to travel and when I do I meet great people

1|0
    0|0
    • I love to travel too :) I've made some friends all over the country (and a few outside of it) in the past two years... I will try changing up my regular schedule a little more though - thank you for the suggestion!

What Guys Said 2

• Just continue to be yourself - The second you start to overthink things you feel like you are in a maze - Everyone of my relationships was not preplanned it snuck up and I was like where did that come from - you are still very young, it may happen for you yet

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you were just unlucky in finding an optimal partner, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The question is always getting to know the right option.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!