Girlfriend is going to see her ex. Is it wrong to be a little upset?

I may come off as the alpha male type and that I'm the type to not really care or get jealous but I'll admit I am a bit insecure when it comes to this. My girlfriend is planning to visit her home town 8 hours away for a few weeks during summer because her sister is getting engaged. She hasn't been home in years since she started college. I would go with her but I have work and I already requested vacation days for a trip we are taking in a month. Anyways she mentioned to me that she will be visiting an ex of hers and that I should not get upset over it because it will be strictly platonic. I got a bit frusterated and upset with her and asked her why. She just said "Am I not allowed to visit friends when I'm back down?". I don't see the point of seeing this guy and she knows that if the situation would be turned around she would flip out if I saw my ex girlfriend. I do wonder what they are doing occasionally but I wouldn't plan to hang out with them. The guy she is seeing was the guy she dateed before she moved here. They didn't break up because of a huge fight or anything it was because she was moving and distance would be hard. She wanted to pursue school and he wanted to keep working in his uncle's auto shop. That's what worries me is that she is back in town and he thinks that they could pick up where they left off. Do you guys think its wrong to get a little upset at her or is she just being completely blind to his real intentions?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have every reason to be worried. If they never really broke up or had a fight, she's obviously just going to stay with him and have sex with him and if she doesn't make a move on her, he's definitely going to make one on her.

Visiting her old town FOR A FEW WEEKS BECAUSE HER SISTER IS GETTING ENGAGED sounds like utter bullshit to me. That's not a reason to stay somewhere for a few nights let alone a few weeks. Go for the engagement party fine but anything more than that is obvious crap.

Does she really expect you to believe they're just going to sit and chit chat about "old times"? Please.
    You're better than that dude.
    The only chance you have is if you're there to watch her every move.

What Girls Said 1

• you have a valid reason to worry about

What Guys Said 2

• It's normal to feel a little bit upset, especially if you don't know what they're doing. Don't worry about it too much.

• Trust her and relax.