I dont see how guys and girls can be in a relationship for 1 year, without having sex?

This sounds fucking nuts to me... I would go nuts. Anyone feel the same? I have to at least sleep with the girl to know we are sexually compatible. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's put it this way. If two people are marriage minded, they are likely checking each other for self control and the ability to be faithful to one another. In an ideal situation, They are testing each other to see if the other thinks they are worth the wait. So if someone does not have the morals enough to be faithful, They are going to run out on you and cheat with someone else. So what better way is there to test someone out than to see how long they can hold out? So if someone does not pass the time test, Then it should not be seen as a loss because they just got rid someone who will possibly cheat if things ever got tough..

This is the reason that many people choose to wait until marriage before anything intimate happens.

• Understandle if you're a virgin, but if you had sex already, I dont see how people could last

• @DocT1977
      I see the point you're trying to make, it's just not applicable in this scenario because we are talking about a year. You're saying any guy thaf doesn't want to wait an entire year or more to have sex with the girl he's with is automatically a player which isn't true

• And you're also saying he's not just a player, he's also a cheater that will cheat on the girl the second she goes out of town which is also untrue

What Girls Said 6

• i agree... but if they are a virgin, i gues i'd have to respect that.

• Yeah I don't get that either unless they're like 10 years old

• i am a virgin and it will take time before i am ready to have sex so i would expect a guy to respect that even if it was waiting for a year

• Understandable if you're a virgin. Do your thing

• Sex can be a a really important part of a relationship and a really good way to get to know people more intimately. If it is your first time though i guess that could be different.

• i do not think it is crazy
    everyone is different
    can be millons of reasons:virginity, religion etc

• Those are like the only 2 reasons.. including emotional unstability.. But why would anyone want to stay with some one for a year who is emotionally unstable, without sex.

• maybe they just love each other

• I understand and feel sorta the same it goes both ways tho if a guy or girl isn't ready for sex u can't make them just let come into it for themselves if it takes a year then that kinda sucks but it happens

What Guys Said 2

• maybe both don't ahve sex as their #1 priority?

• Yeah, it's pretty crazy in this day and age. Unless it has something to do with his religion. The kind of guys that would be in a relationship without sex for over a year would be the kind of guys that most girls wouldn't want