I'm 22 and my parents won't let me see him just because of religion. What do I do?

I'm a 22 year old indian girl from Malaysia. I've known him for 3 years. And 3 months before graduating my degree, we met and honestly he's one of the nicest, sweetest guys I've met. I tried telling my mom about it but the moment she found out he's a mix of Punjabi Muslim, she started threatening me and telling me to get out. Even she told me it's only because of the Muslim religion. I dont know what to do. I want to secretly meet him and that my parents are suspicious. they want me to block him from my life and I don't want to do that. I've tried explaining to them and it doesn't work. They just start screaming and yelling. He knows about the situation with my parents but he's willing to stick with me. What do I do and how am I gonna meet him now.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's willing to stick with you then you should talk to the authorities in your country
    i dont know malay law so can't say what it says but considering you are an adult, im pretty confident the law will give you a way to live your life on your terms with whoever you like

What Guys Said 8

• d00d you're 22. that should speak for itself.

• You're an adult, it's you decision

• Damn, Let me ask you this, Are you in this religion of your moms? I find it quite harsh how you can't see him..

• You are an adult do what you want with your life

• Another reason why religion sucks.

• Now, as an adult you have to make the decision which is more important, the relationship with your parents or this man.

What religion are you BTW? And do you believe it to be true?

• I am a indian... That's what happens in most of the Indian families... Religion doesn't matter, Humanity matters... They just won't listen...

• marry him, run away with him, they will understand later if they love you.

What Girls Said 1

• This is why I'm glad I live in Canada.

Let me guess, you're reliant on your parents financially? If you weren't, you could just pull an American and flip them the fingers.