Guys, Has "I'm not ready for a relationship" ever not been a lie?

He says it's a personal reason, but I'm not sure I believe him...

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, sometimes that is a perfectly valid reason. When someone gets out of a relationship they may not be ready or willing to dive right back into another one. Some people may have personal life issues, such as money or employment problems, substance abuse problems or just a really busy life and simply do not want the extra complications that a relationship brings.

• What about a guy just out of high school, no previous relationships in years?

• Some guys feel tied down or like they loose some of their freedom if they get involved in a relationship. Now, if this guy had no previous relationship, he may also be simply scared because he has no experience and is avoiding dating because he feels his inexperience will lead to rejection or failure. No body wants to be rejected or feel like a loser. He may also be going off to a different school in the fall and doesn't want to get attached to someone, only to be torn away from them in a few short months. Or, he may be gay.

What Guys Said 19

• It can and often is used as an excuse to gently let a girl think that he's interested but not just yet and that its not her its him, x

• Yeah, sometimes it's easier to say that than "I don't like you, I don't want anything with you". We still don't wanna hurt her.

• Not every guy is mentally and emotionally ready for the commitment of a relationship.

In fact u should be glad that these guys are taking relationships with the seriousness they should have!

• it means "I'm not ready for a relationship.. with you". He either needs time or just another person than you. But you+now is not a working combination.

• I've felt that way many times. I'm not into lying.

• I'm not ready for a relationship because I have some personal issues to work on before I can expect a girl to put up with me. You wouldn't want to have such a sad, insecure and awkward train wreck for a boyfriend.

• I've only said it once and I totally lied. It seemed better than saying I'm not attracted to you.

• I've said it to a girl. But we didn't have sex yet, and I just got out of my 1.5 year relationship. I meant every word

• Sometimes people do lie about that to let you down easy

• Yeah, that's how I feel...

• Yeah, but is a good one, is the kind of lie that someone use to take care of your heart, but is not always, if that person lost someone important or so, it coud be true.

• Sometimes it is true after a long relationship breaks down I'd prefer to meet someone who has had time alone it proves theyvdont need anyone and would you really want to be the rebound person?

• Mine isn't, need dem grades without distractions!

• yep. Young men are cowards. A man should face the truth, have conviction and stand his ground.

• So you think he's lying to me then?

• Men never come clean when they have to tell you bad things or things they did bad. So from what you said he just didn't have the nerve to tell you. Sorry. I could be wrong.

• He should give you the reason then...
    If he liked you back as much he could at least try

• I never met a guy that didn't have an Asian fetish.

• You're being unfair by assuming he's lying.

• It's always a lie

• It is never a lie. You just want it to be.

• It can be depending on the guy. He may have a mental or medical issue he is dealing with, or it may just be a euphemism for he just want to sleep around and not be in a real relationship.