Why do people claim attitute has anything with dating?

Yeah its better to be with someone whos fun and happy for obvious reasons whether its a friendship or a relationship. Let's be honest tho looks matter (yes to women too I don't care how much they claim they dont) Maybe you dont have to be perfect but they matter a lot. People say confidence atttracts but it really doesn't. If your are confident but ugly you're still ugly (yes there are ugly people)

I want to know why people keep lying online about these things when we all clearly know it's all bullshit?
I mean like I said I know you dont have to be perfect but confidence alone won't make you attractive and yes I know confidenc eis GREAT thing to have to believe in yourself must be a great thing. I have very low self esteem and I want to know more about this. I get this comment thrown at me "ohh just be confident" blah blah it gets old really old and what good is it if I'm ugly as hell?

Most Helpful Girl

• People of all levels of attractiveness meet and fall in love. Yes, usually with people around the same level of looks, but it happens all the time.

Low self esteem and negativity, on the other hand, can erode every part of your life if it's not at a healthy place. Love, friendships, work, even health. They cause you to behave in ways that undermine success. I'm speaking from experience.

If you're talking about yourself, personally I'd say looks are not your problem. You look fine, but getting to a good place mentally and emotionally are absolutely necessary.

What Girls Said 2

• Confidence does help though. I was I love with a man who most people would think is ugly. If I could show his pic on here I doubt anyone would say he was attractive. matter of fact when I first met him I thought to myself "he looks like an old crackhead" and wondered if he was inbred. But he was super confident (and I was drunk) and o ended up being charmed by him, hooking up and beginning a fling with him

But I've met guys better looking than him who I just had no chemistry with at all. My ugly ex just oozed sexual confidence and masculinity so for me it's hard to want to date a neutered soft guy. I need someone hard rugged and manly that's what turns me on. thats what people are talking about when they tell you to be confident.

• Of course looks matter. Looks are what get the ball rolling. Then personality and humor and intelligence comes into it.

• exactly but people tend to swear a butt ugly guy thats confident can get girls which is obviously a blatant lie

What Guys Said 4

• Because people who've actually experience in the dating arena knows exactly what they are talking about? I mean I'm not the best looking out there, but because I've always been confident and I have a nice attitude, I have no problem whatsoever compare to some that does

• Look, if uglyness instantly prevented someone from having sex, there would be no ugly people. Period.

• You have a bad attitude.

• Your questions always make you look like a Debbie Downer. Be a Happy Hank for once.

• lifes a bitch and then you die

• If you think that, ┬┐why haven't you killed yourself yet?

• I dont have the balls to do it to be honest but I wish I could my fear is not death is failing en ending up worse. if I had a 100% sure fire way to die I would take it no doubt