How do I fix this atrocious mistake?

This guy I like from work just texted me saying we should ale plans for Sunday if I don't have any already... So naturally I responded that I would love to but I'm out of town unfortunately ( which is true I'm not playing games). I left it at that because I don't like planning dates and hoped maybe he's ask if sometime this week works, but he never responded. Does he think I rejected him? I really like him how do I fix this without being aggressive and making all the plans?

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably left it at that and will wait til you come back. Right now your behavior could go either way. Either you were being truthful or you were trying to blow him off. If I were him I'd try one more time and if you somehow declined THEN I'd stop. But yeah, some guys may just take the first time as a spurn.

Next time let him know you're interested by giving him an option. Say you're busy on Sunday but you're cool for Wednesday night. It's not really you "making the plans" because he already asked you, you're just giving him an option.

What Guys Said 6

• Best case scenario when the guy suggests a day and the girl is busy but actually interested, she tells the guy when she's free

• can't know. He may just wait awhile before asking you out to something else or he thinks you were trying to turn him down nicely and thinks you just aren't interested.

• It sounded like you let him down easy. You should text him when you're going to be avail

• I think the only possible logical and reasonable solution to this is... marry him. Right now. On the spot. I'm sorry. There's just no other way.

• Let him know when you're free, if you like him. Otherwise he'll assume you're not interested and leave you alone (unless he's a stalker)

• When you reject a date offer, but you actually want to date, you MUST offer and arrange an alternative time.

You don't want to make the plans? Then miss out on dating him altogether. You don't get to sit around and expect a guy you just rejected to put more effort into you.

And yes, he thinks you rejected him.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't offer to make any other plans, he'll think you rejected him. So try texting him and asking if next weekend would work.