Would it be weird if a 18 year old dated a 40 year old?

So I like older men but I'm 18 this guy that is interested in me is 40 is that weird

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 22

• As a 40-year-old: Yeah. That's weird. Even if you were 25 that would be pushing it.

There's no reason for it to happen. The older guy should know better and the young girl should be with guys roughly her own age.

Any 40-year-old who would seriously be "interested in" an 18-year-old is kind of sad. It's not okay.

• The age difference is way too much, yes it's weird

• Hmm... yeah 18 girl for a 40 man isn't really a big problem legal wise but the social stigma will probably follow you until you're 30 something.

Half the oldest age +8 seems to be the golden rule. Some men stay pretty young until they are about 60s (esp Asian men) as long as they stay fit.

• Yes and in comparison the supreme court just said it's ok for perverts to tie the knot and now imagine that.

• Eh... human are pervert by nature. We would all be extinct otherwise.

I'm all about consequences. 40-something-guy is usually financially stable so marrying an 18-something girl isn't a big problem. Of course a 40-good-for-nothing-guy should jump off the Darwin tree and save the human race the trouble of keeping his gene in the pool.

• Yeah that's weird and wrong.

• Unusual, yes, but weird? Weird is different for different people. I don't think so, but some do.

• He's going to use you for sex

• It is weird. As a general rule, I suggest avoiding anyone who's literally old enough to be your mom or dad.

• Why? What's wrong with it? Plenty of people seem to think it's weird yet nobody cared to explain why? Can it cause health problems? No. Do they both have the age of consent? Yes. Does the guy wants sex? You bet ! Can the girl have the right to want sex too? Why not? The relationship probably won't last long because they are at different places in their life but so what? It doesn't have to be weird

• Yes. That is still borderline pedophilia. Go for someone because you fall in love with who they are, not their age. If you do go with him, I will already say it will fail because people need more than their age as an incentive. Would you have a harder time letting go of someone who you genuinely adore and care about or a man who has nothing to show for except for the fact that he's 40?

• I wish people would stop referring to 18 year olds as children. Paedophilia doesn't apply to people above the age of 13, meaning 40 and 18 isn't paedophilia. It wouldn't even be borderline Hebephilia, there's nothing legally or psychologically wrong with it.

• It is legal, and 18 year olds aren't children, but the human mind isn't fully functional until around age 24-26. People change their minds about core personal beliefs more often between ages 13-20 than at ANY OTHER POINT IN THEIR LIVES. Additionally the EXTREMELY high divorce rate of people aged 18-20 speaks for itself in terms of anyone in that age group's sense of judgement. 59% of marriages between people 18-20 end in divorce within 15 years. That number drops to 36% when someone is 20 or older. People in my age group generally don't have a good sense of judgement for long-term relationships.

• And I know that, it just feels like someone is taking advantage of another. I know it's what is legal but the law doesn't mean anything to my common sense. It's just a law and I just think it's gross.

• Okay that shit is weird. I mean, I hope the 40 year old dude is hot at least. Because that age difference is shady.

Honestly I doubt anything good would come of that.

• I would think the guy was a Predator

• lol why would a man around 40 find appealing in a young girl , but for sex and maybe he wants to be her sugar daddy. If you okay with that, then by all means be with him.

• Wanting a girl for sex? Sorry dude but that definition applies to those your age not ours.

• Then what would a man your age find in a 18 year old? I doubt it's something amazing.

• Dude, what. I feel like you don't have a good reason to be interested in this guy. Date someone your own age, you will be much happier.

• You have daddy issues or something?

• Yes , it is

• Yes, that is weird as hell lol

• Not weird at all, the heart wants what the heart wants.

• You're both of legal, consenting age.

If you're happy together, who cares what anyone else thinks?

• Naaah thats not weird. Its just the grandpa and his granddaughter. Go for it.

• Its not good , he will use u for sex

• Yes, wtf kinda question is that?

• Unusual, yes. But do whatever you like

• When i was age 35 my girlfriend at the time was age 18
    i mean your legal age some people may freak out but that's
    on them your legal age and yes your a adult.

• Yes it's got to do with the maturity level on both ends

What Girls Said 10

• Yes you are barely out of highschool and he is old enough to be your father.

• Maybe, but you're an adult, so who cares what others think?

• A 40 year old has no business with an 18 year old, other than one thing...

• I'm personally not a huge fan of that since at that time and age difference, you guys are in completely different points of your life. You're just starting out, while he's most likely going to be wanting to settle down or something.

• Though who knows, at this day and age, maybe he won't want to settle down yet.

• Lol I'm 51 and I don't want to settle down.

• Ya, I should have worded that differently. I mainly am saying that they are in different stages of their life.

• well I would think you are looking for a well hung man to saddle you.

• Yes, that not healthy.
    I doubt that's is good in any way. Friends Is okay. It's always good to stay near your age group.

• Wow that's interesting advice. Why is it always good to stay near your age group?

• For one thing, Staying near your age group is safer for you. You have a lot more in common with people around your age. If you want to marry this 40yr old he will die 10, 20 years before you lol. If he's 40 and hitting on an 18 yr old, it's normal because guys like normal girls but he knows better. Make sure he's not a sex abuser.

• it's normal because guys like younger girls, but he knows better than to mess with them. Make sure he's not a sex abuser.

• as long as you're legal and he's fine with it, knock yourself out, date as many older men as you'd wish.

• Depends on the maturity level.
    She is still a teen.

• he is old enough to be your dad that's gross

• Yea, it's pretty weird.