Is this normal?

I've been hurt quite a fair few times in the past when it comes to guys, but recently a guy started speaking to me who seems like a genuinely decent guy with good intentions, plus shows interest, but I can't shake myself out of the mindset that he's going to hurt me soon enough just like a lot of other guys have and it worries me because I don't want to have to spend the rest of my life ruining my good opportunities just because I'm assuming that I'm going to end up getting hurt, what can I do to prevent myself from thinking this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can try talking to him about it. If he is a decent guy as you say he would sit and listen. If you want to also ask for his opinion. Try and work out your triggers for this behaviour. Write them down even. Writing triggers the logical part of your brain giving you a better perspective. Read it and try to think how you can overcome them. Even including him if you want to.

What Guys Said 2

• Not all guys are tarred with the same brush. You have to trust at some point so just keep on turning them over until you find the right one ad don't always assume you're going to get hurt

• It is always good to exercise caution, but don't let it hold you back. I've been hurt a few times by women in the past, but I know if I let it hold me back I will miss out.

What Girls Said 0