Your thoughts on long distance relationship?

I've read somewhere that long distance relationship is not a relationship: it's a PROMISE for a real relationship later on.

My boyfriend of 1 year moved away for university yesterday. We're in a long distance relationship now. It's expected to be 5 years apart. We love each other so much we promise to marry after he moves back here. We're in a RELATIONSHIP, and I do not agree it's just a "promise for a real relationship". I think it's indeed a relationship, just long distance. What's your view/opinion on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are so many people that look down negatively on LDR. Which makes people who are in one not really want to tell others. Since they would probably just laugh and say a bunch of annoying shit about it.

I've been in a LDR for over 3yrs now which this is only my 2nd one. I've had way more physical relationships. Thought they all ended badly and the dudes turned out to be not to great. Yet this this guy I'm with i've never met any guy as awesome as him. This is my longest relationship ever. Plus my LDR has really helped me improve more as a person as well. I do have more details about it in this MyTake I wrote about surviving one. It has more info about it there.

What Guys Said 4

• long ones like these don't last long because one day you anyone one of you will get bored of this not having him/her my side and move to better options

• lol you think he's gonna stay faithful? nope!

• I'm in LDR and it's working good for now we will be 2 months, I'm going to visit her soon.

Is it hard? Yes it can be, but with pics and talking we make day better :)

Is it for everyone? No it's not. People need to trust each other even if they are far away.

• Ldr is more like saying, Ina fuck the hoes around me but get the emotional support from you. It's a players way of saying I'm cheating and you don't know about it

What Girls Said 7

• I also believe it is a relationship.. make sure the two of you Skype and play together. Keep the sexual bond strong as well as the communication👍

• As a person who is a LDR from day one, I'd say it is a relationship, even if there are some limitations to it. However many other aspects of a relationship that is LD might be more developed or even be more valued by the people in it than others in normal relationships (like romance, communication, respect, trust, honesty, intimacy).

• I agree with you. A long distant relationship is an actual relationship just over a long distance. Otherwise it wouldn't be called a long distant "relationship"

• I agree! Like why would people think it's not a relationship just because we're far apart!!

• I don't know. I would assume they think that the distance would be a major conflict in a relationship. I don't think they understand that a relationship can happen over a distance, if we are able to find love 2 hours away from us, the possibilities of finding love in another country is highly possible. I think they just want to be realistic, but long distance relationships can be successful to those who put effort into it.

• you can definitely make it work.. if you both love eachother

• Since you already had a relationship before he moved away, you're in a real relationship. In my case we were together just about a month and then I moved a thousand miles away. I graduated from college and went back home to start my career. I didn't really know him and he was totally unfamiliar with my background. We were worlds apart (dirt poor Texas vs yuppie Pennsylvania). It failed miserably.

• It's really up to what you think about it. It's not a fully fledged relationship because of the lack of physical closeness and people don't text each other out of want.

• 0|0