Starting a long distance relationship?

So I've been dating this girl for about 6 months now. I really like her and want to be with her. In a couple months I am moving to New York from Florida. We haven't talked about being long distance yet. Yesterday she texted me saying she doesn't know if she wants to do long distance, so I told her let's not talk about this through text. How do I go about having this talk.

Most Helpful Girl

• LDR is not exactly easy to handle, and I've seen people who were together for years and after a few months of going long distance, their relationship then starts going downhill. You have to bear in mind that it's not going to be easy, in fact it requires lots of trust, communication and effort. I suggest you guys should work something out, say going to visit each other once/twice in a month? More or less is up to you guys to work it out. Sit her down and tell her how much you appreciated her, and that this move is not going to affect you two negatively in any way. Show her how much you like her, and even though there is distance separating you two, love will always find a way etc (gurls like cheesy stuffs, maybe she does too). Ask her about her opinions on a LDR (this is really important!), and comfort her if she feels that distance is going to wedge in between and affect your relationship. Assure her, take her out, create nice memories before your move to NY.

What Girls Said 1

• have you thought about having her move with you?
    6 months isn't that long but if you guysknow you love each other, its really worth a shot.
    you gotta just get straight to the point. let out how you guys feel and figure out where to go from there.

What Guys Said 3

• OK here is my opinion only. Relationship grows along with the amount of contacts you two are having with each other. People get lonely and start to seek out other people. Video chat or phone won't be enough. You need physical contact or something equally intense enough to make you feel extremely conscious about the other person.

You will slowly drift apart without a strong connection. It's be best to go with an open relationship or break up for now to refocus and get back together when you are able.

• It's not a good thing

• Don't do long distance.