Would you date a feminist?

Your opinion & why please.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. In fact, a woman or man NOT supporting gender equality would be a deal breaker; though I wouldn't mind what they called themselves, so long as they supported the ideas behind feminism/gender equality/civil rights in general.

What Guys Said 36

• No thanks. I don't want to date someone who inherently thinks I'm a potential 'rapist' because I have a set of balls and a dick.

• Do i have a choice? lol!
    its like if you claim you aren't a feminist you are branded as close minded or something
    I support female rights and stuff, but i dont like being labeled as something, that has 'Fem' in it sounds emasculating to call myself a feminist

But yeah i would date a feminist as long as she respected me as a man, if she kept bashing men, i would leave her

• I would have to think about it. Will she be a real feminist, or will she end up being a feminazi? Will she talk about something other than feminism? Is she gonna be complaining every time she opens her mouth?
    This kind of things is what will make me take it much slower if she was a feminist.

• Yeah, since I support equal rights for females I know 1 thing though that bitch betta not turn feminazi on me LOL

• Yes, i support equal rights for females

• The definition of feminism changes from person to person so it depends on what you consider a feminist. I believe that just because you don't agree with some feminists doesn't mean they aren't real feminists. Especially when the "non extremists" do nothing to discourage the hate and sexism the more extreme members spread.

Generally the more a person feels the need to identify as a feminist or get evolved in the movement the more sexist they are. Women that believe in equal rights for both genders, and that don't think us men are just running around enslaving or raping women, don't feel the need to walk around screaming they are feminists all the time. Otherwise they would have already assumed I supported equal rights and wouldn't have felt the need to bring up the issue. These women may or may not identify as feminists but still see men as equals.

• No. And, for the reasons, read this ( www.google.co.uk/url ) and Ayn Rand's essay 'The Age of Envy' in the collection 'Return of the Primitive: The Anti-Industrial Revolution'.

• Nope, never. I don't want my masculinity to be constantly judged and I really don't want to hear about feminist theory every time we watch a show/every time she comes home from work.

I don't deal well with feminists; I despise them intensely, and I've had enough experience with even the least militant of feminists still judging masculinity and almost expecting me to be apologetic for the fact that I was a man.

• I married one. :)

• Why not? They're just advocating their position. It'd be like asking if I'd date an environmentalist, or a vegetarian.

• No, after speaking to feminists at my college and on GAG they are ALL way too moody. I know generalizing is bad, but when I've never met a feminist who wasn't just angry at men it's hard not to generalize. They also can't take a joke and they tend to also be vegans which is annoying.

• Her being a feminist wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if I liked her otherwise. :)

• When it comes to feminism there are a lot of misconceptions. To me a feminist is someone that believes in equal rights between men and women.
    The types of women that are referred to as "radical Feminists" that hate men, think that women are better than men or that think men must pay are not feminists.
    Because that is in no way equal.

I have no problem with dating someone that believes in equal rights, isn't that most people?

• I would, but I'm pretty sure a feminist won't date me! And not really much of a chance with non-feminists either! :P

• Absolutely I will; I'm neutral so yea..

• If she got out of hand with it, it'd be a deal breaker. I would much rather date someone who was indifferent on the subject.

Plus, feminism isn't even necessary anymore in the U. S., because females have already won equal rights. At this point, they aren't even equal anymore. The court system has a clear bias for females in every single case, so if anyone needs more rights, its the men.

• They comainanout evry single thing, also I'm southern so my well intentioned gestures sutch as paying for the women, on dates, holding open doors, and doing every thing for them they would call me sexist. So I straight up ignore them, I wish them the best of luck, but I will not date them

• IF SHE IS A REAL FEMINIST

If she likes to split the bill

if she believes women should serve in the draft

if she believes men should not be confined to traditional forms of masculinity

• Yes! One of the only people who doesn't think its about women being better!

• however, many of the women I find call themselves feminists and don't hold true to their moral values.

• Why would I date someone that is influenced by fascist ideology?

• Lol the irony is that you're the fascist 😂

• I could throw a bunch of statistics at you lol but something tells me you won't listen 😂

• @LovesTVDx
      Feminist statistics? I've seen some of them; unfortunately, they often turn out to be either highly biased, or a hoax.
      I could throw some common sense knowledge, but I assume you're not interested.

• Well if she's not male hating and male bashing kind of feminist (well I know real feminist don't), I don't see any reason why I won't. I love strong independent women who speak their mind and if they are feminist I'll love that tbh

• i dont care... it probably won't make a difference whether she's a feminist... it probs won't change whether i like her or not

• I don't date social justice warriors. They annoy me.

• No, can't stand them for 1 sec. I don't wanna listen "how much perfect women are" bullshit all the time.

• I like independent girls, but not a feminist.

• So you don't like women to support equal rights?

• I care because im curious as to why you're against women who want equality

• You claim you are for equality, but not everyone believes in your liberal ideology, and I am do not give a care to your definition of my position.

• Depends on the kind of feminist. "Feminist" is so vague at this point.

When someone says they're a feminist is doesn't mean anything anymore. It's like saying "hey I'm human," ... ok good for you but it doesn't really tell me much about you.

• As if its possible.

• No, not after my ex.

• If she's level headed.. radicals can fuck off

• depends on her specific beliefs

• No thanks. I might try to convert them to make them date-able through negging and facts, but that rarely works.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 5

• As a career person, I'd prefer to be in a relationship with someone who would not resent me for doing so.

• So, you wouldn't date a feminist.

• You said, "I'm sorry all the women in your life hate you bro". So, yes, you are claiming to speak for other women.

A deep need to prove you wrong? No, I like intellectual debate.

This is merely the second opinion of yours on which I have commented. That said, if you don't want to be challenged, don't offer an opinion.

Policing is an act of force. I am not policing your opinions. I wouldn't, even if I could. I am challenging you. It is sad, though rather typical of a feminist, not to understand that crucial difference.

• @evenlift byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• I couldn't date a feminist man. I'm female, he's male... I want a man to do the general male things and I'll happily assume my female role. That's just me.

Also, feminism doesn't speak for me at all. Egalitarian forever.

• Yes I would because I think feminists are awesome

• I would not but I wouldn't be with anyone who wasn't an equalist

• I would as long as they're not like a radical feminist.