Why are the vast majority of women not ladies anymore?

I keep seeing questions about why more men aren't gentlemen on here. So I wanted to ask, why are the vast majority of women not ladies anymore? Society is now teaching women that dressing slutty is okay. In the old days women didn't work and men took care of them. Women aren't really expected to cook anymore. The gentleman is dying because being a lady is dying.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of women who pine for gentlemen are stupid undeveloped little girls.

What Girls Said 10

• In your mind, women are dressing slutty for their own enjoyment? As if we get a real kick out of seeing how little clothing we get by wearing out in public? Nope. Some choose to go out in barely anything (tight croptops, booty shorts, etc.) because the less you wear, the easier it'll be to get male attention. True, that
    may often be nothing more than sexual but if it's between being alone while all the girls wearing minimal clothing get the attention, or putting on a pair of shortshorts for ourselves, many will choose the latter.

The fact that less women choose to spend their lives as housewives, essentially catering to the needs of their husbands day in and day out has nothing to do with us being 'ladies'. Women are still to a lesser extent expected to be in charge of cooking, but thanks to women's rights among other things, we can go out in the workforce and earn a living too. Who wouldn't want to be self-sufficient?

• I'm not really understanding the comparison.

How someone dresses is ok because it's no one elses business in the first place.

Women do work now though, so why can't we dress how we want and cook when we want?

Gentleman aren't dying, polite people are dying in general. It has nothing to do with gender, people are content with being jerks towards each other and that's not a gender problem, that's a people problem.

• you can just don't expect men to act a certain way either

• That is only assuming that you treat him with respect

• Of course I would treat him respect. I don't understand why people have this notion that they some how deserve a medal for treating other people nicely and with respect. Or that they should be able oppress another gender in order for them to be worthy of being a gentlemen to.

You do realize that the way things are now, is actually good for men also?

I mean men have more options, they're no longer required to get married, to have children or to support a woman financially. They have the option to have a woman who works and helps with the finances, men also have to option to stay home and be stay at home dads as well. But I don't think those men don't deserve my respect because they chose to take advantages of their options now, like I do as a woman.

• Because women are expected to work and make contributions to society outside of shitting out children?

• only because women wanted it to be that way #feministmovement

• @GirlsLie I know right? He's ridiculous.

• Then why would so many women be paying for this when they fidnt want it?

• 3|0
  • besides what you all think... there are lots of gentlemen out there and lots of nice ladies too.. I have come across some really nice gentlemen and they are still out there... it all depends on your upbringing, views, and how you want others to perceive you... peer pressure has a lot to do with this also...
    I have also seen a lot of lovely young men in their teens who have been brought up to respect and have boundaries in their life matters and these teens will be the ladies and gentlemen as they get older... you are just looking in the wrong place... :))

• Personally, I'm very boyish. Not girly or sexual lol. I try to let my boyfriend do his man thing and take care of me but I clash with him on things lol. I love the idea of women and men having roles, but I grew up raised like the son my dad wanted and I suppose it's hard for me because I've simply been independent. Not for some feminist agenda, but because of how I was raised. So now I try to just trust my boyfriend to do the things I might usually step up to do.

I feel like the societal gentleman is frustrated with waiting on girls like me lol and being upset when the alternative is overly sexual.

• To accommodate the non gentlemanly approaches and behaviors of men nowadays.

=)

• I think that ship has sailed. I mean since we fought for the right to vote, gender equality came into existence. Anyway, nowadays there are plenty of single mothers who bust their asses being super women so those marital roles and parental roles are being redefined because of its the twenty first century. people aren't waiting to have sex (baby mamas, baby daddy's). I think the gentlemen is dieing because of the refinement of what a family looks like. if the baby daddy isn't in his sons like most likely there's no one to teach him how to be a man nor a gentleman. in this day and age anything is possible

• I'd rather be myself & find someone compatible with me, than try to be a "lady" to score some top-tier husband that I might not be happy with.

• Believe me, guys don't want ladies anymore. I would know. :P

What Guys Said 7

• Even as a guy, I don't agree with this at all.

Dressing "slutty" is nothing new. My dad told me women would practically walk around topless in the 1970's and I remember back in the early 00's, I saw more women dressing revealing than there are these days. If anything, it's the exact opposite, women are dressing up MORE than they used to.

Pretty much every girl I know, knows how to cook. I can't say the same for men. I personally think both people should work these days.

Another note, why is your definition of a "lady" someone who dresses like a prude, cooks, makes babies and take care of things? That is so traditional.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more with this post.

• Just to add: cooking is a life skill. Everyone should know how to cook at least one thing.

• @9mfeo Exactly. So most of these men are hypocrites anyway.

• I know, right? Whiny little babies that didn't get there way.

• If a girl is whining repeatedly that there are "no good men" left it's actually more of a reflection of her character more than anything because there are plenty of good men and women out there.

As for the old days, traditionalism is still around but there's much more of a push for independence and this does have side effects as well. But at least people can push for what they truly want.

A huge contributing factor leading to the lack of quality women is because many of them are trying to "do it all." A lot of girls are growing up being told they can "have it all" so they end up trying to be a full time worker, full time mother, and full time wife at the same time. This causes them to just stress out while not realizing that they should be making choices as to what they want to do instead of ending up only doing a sub par job at everything. A career woman should be that, a career woman. If she wants a high up role then she's gonna have to put in the extra time working those later shifts and possibly taking more continuing education and so on. But instead these women making the mistake of trying to split everything leaving them very confused.

• Because they're never TAUGHT how to be ladies OH NO they're only TAUGHT how WE should treat them, right? And Never how they should treat a man LOL #EnuffSaid

• Because the term lady refers to a woman of a respectable English house hold we began calling every woman a lady in America because we did not have the respect for the title Lady however now women are not acting like proper ladies most of the time recently so we have slowly stopped using that word

• The men a feminine and the girls are masculine. That is just the 21st century as a result of femi-nazism.

• But wouldn't you rather have the freedom to be yourself and be with someone who respects that. I mean the only reason women don't find submissive men attractive is because they don't think they're supposed to. A lot of our behaviors are learned and when we're taught from an early age to be a certain way, that's difficult to change in the future. Saying that feminism has reversed the roles isn't really fair in my opinion when actually, when if anything it should be promoting to remove gender expectations.

• Interesting response. I will ponder that.

• They can go ahead and get mad but they're just proving the Asker is right in their comments...

• You can point the finger at femininism as that's where they view their own feminity as inferior.